Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't sit here, please.

I am always surprised by the number of people who think this is OK to do. I have had guys who are no more than close acquaintances hop on my lap.

Most keep the majority of their weight on their feet so I do not worry much about injury to my legs. However, with a very forward COG I am always worried they are going to upset the balance and we will both end up flipped.

Mind you, the actual flipping because of another person sitting on my lap has only happened once. I was much younger and, due to some overindulgence, did not really notice the change in equilibrium.

E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    I am always surprised by the number of people who think this is OK to do. I have had guys who are no more than close acquaintances hop on my lap.

Most keep the majority of their weight on their feet so I do not worry much about injury to my legs. However, with a very forward COG I am always worried they are going to upset the balance and we will both end up flipped.

Mind you, the actual flipping because of another person sitting on my lap has only happened once. I was much younger and, due to some overindulgence, did not really notice the change in equilibrium.

E
    Within the past year I had a young woman leap into my lap, flipping my chair backward and slamming my back against the concrete pavement with her on top of me. Broke a rib. I certainly learned my lesson. No matter how pretty, it was at least six weeks before I again let any girls sit on my lap.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 05-03-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Good question Stephen, I had to look up osteoporotic femur. I never gave it much thought, I have fat legs so I hope that would help me some or maybe not. How would we know if we broke it, would it hurt or could we see it like that basketball player did when he broke his tibia.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

In all my 45 years being SCI it never occurred to me that I could break a femur or whatever by someone sitting on my lap. Now the next time the nieces and nephews are around or I go shopping with a heavy basket on my lap Im going to think about this thread. Great, another SCI issue for my neurotic little brain to stress over lol. Although its been a few years since someone of "real" interest has sat on my lap so probably no worries there

When my leg starts jumping time to get off
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

when i broke my femur when i was 11 i didnt feel it break but heard it. also, when i went to get dressed, my leg flopped unnaturally to the side like a door on a broke hinge. i also felt like my left side(broke the left leg) was floating. it was as if my leg suddenly wasnt there and when i leaned left i heard a crunch. very weird.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Like Cryptic I'm "vertically challenged" so by the time my nephew was 3 he was too tall for me to see over his head if he was sitting on my lap. So for now he's been riding between my feet on my footplate. Haven't attempted to put his little sister on my lap and Hayden on the footplate, not sure my shoulders could handle a extra 60+ pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Off topic: I am loving Stephen's new avatar photo!!! What woman couldn't resist waking up next to that giant smile every day!?!?!?

We return to your regularly scheduled programming now. As you were ... lol ...
    Are you kidding me? I had to turn off avatars in my settings, I was losing my appetite every time I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Off topic: I am loving Stephen's new avatar photo!!! What woman couldn't resist waking up next to that giant smile every day!?!?!?
    We return to your regularly scheduled programming now. As you were ... lol ...
    Keep talking!

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I noticed the handsome new pic too Lynnifer!
    Keep talking!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Are you kidding me? I had to turn off avatars in my settings, I was losing my appetite every time I saw it.
    You talk too much!

I''ve had plenty lap dances and sex 3x while sitting in my wc. But it was my pwr wc and it handle US fine, plus my legs are pretty big so I use them well enough to have a good time lol.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!