Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't sit here, please.

Now that Small Boy is Medium Boy we have put the ix nay on chair rides unfortunately.....
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

only small kids and babes allowed on my lap. plus being so damn short (4'9") my lap is only big enough for kids anyway.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Off topic: I am loving Stephen's new avatar photo!!! What woman couldn't resist waking up next to that giant smile every day!?!?!?

We return to your regularly scheduled programming now. As you were ... lol ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I let my nephew sit on my lap (he is 5). My husband straddles me sometimes for some hard core Mack down kissing, hugging, and some dancing from time to time but he doesn't put much of his weight on me at all. I carry a laundry basket on my lap at the grocery store every week. I can fit about $150 worth of groceries in there and sometimes I get a little paranoid about the weight on the basket by the time I get to the check out line. My legs are skinny and frail after 19 years. I need to be more cautious for sure.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I noticed the handsome new pic too Lynnifer!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post
    I've got a problem with someone in my lap too. It's not my body, but I'm afraid his weight might overload the chair. He really doesn't understand why I keep telling him he can't sit in his happy place when I am in the wheelchair when it is ok when I sit in a regular chair.

LOl and I thought my 13 lb kitten was burdensome! I can feel myself sink into my cushion more when he's on my lap. He gets jealous when his daintier sister is on my lap and he tries to hop on, I have to discourage him because it's just too much. with the 2 of them. I had to get Ragdolls, sigh.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

it's cuz ragdolls are so cute and fluffy!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I know, I know. and they are called 'puppycats', how could I resist once I saw this
    http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows...os/ragdoll.htm
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Ewww, I hate when this happens, and if someone grabs my thighs and squeezes, I want to punch them. My stepson's girlfriend is forever jumping into my lap, she's 16. I like your idea MarkB, blame the chairs weight capacity! But I'll deal with the spasms and risk broken bones or chair for Granddaughters in my lap. They pay for rides with hugs and kisses.

Priceless picture, IsMaisin! That's a big boy!

Stephen, you can't blame the girls for trying...you're just too cute! Maybe you should get a tip jar for lap dances!
    Last edited by Charlottes Web; 05-02-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typo
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

so...your wifes buddy?...she cute and petite?. If so might be worth taking the risk...sometimes...lol.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.