Thread: des moines wheelchair van rental

des moines wheelchair van rental

am putting this in life forum so more will see. am seriously considering one more trip home to iowa. I am coming from seattle. have made the trip many, many times, both airline and driving in 27 yrs. but stopped in 2005 when I lost last family member. now I am thinking I want to see home one more time. does des moines now offer wheelchair accessible van rental? i'm thinking 5 days in mid to late june. I have so much pain, I dunno if I can do this. but I want to see home. thank you.

There is also http://ridejoyride.com/?page_id=6 515-331-1100

I use them for doctor visits. They charge $40 per one-way, but if you won't be doing a lot of place to place, they might be cheaper.

thank you. I was hoping to hear from some local ppl as, if not much has changed, some of these companies operate from as far away as Georgia. but, I have gotten a couple emails that seem to indicate there are 2 companies located in des moines who can help. I will call. willing, I need a rental van, not an accessible taxi. I will be traveling outside dm. but, thank you. last I flew back there (prob 95), I got a lot of oh yeah we can drive a van from some other state, blah blah. I quit flying basically and drove my own van. I hope things have changed.

where did you live cass?

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    thank you. I was hoping to hear from some local ppl as, if not much has changed, some of these companies operate from as far away as Georgia. but, I have gotten a couple emails that seem to indicate there are 2 companies located in des moines who can help. I will call. willing, I need a rental van, not an accessible taxi. I will be traveling outside dm. but, thank you. last I flew back there (prob 95), I got a lot of oh yeah we can drive a van from some other state, blah blah. I quit flying basically and drove my own van. I hope things have changed.
    hope you have a good time if you go Cassiopeia