Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wheels will be coming in on friday

My wheels will be coming in on friday

Hello people. Just want thank everyone for helping me w/o even knowing. The VA ordered my Q7 on April 17 and I'll be getting it by this friday!. Good thing I didnt have to pay anything for it. man these things are expensive. No wonder insurances will only buy every 3-5 years.

Congrats!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks, I'm quite happy! Im going to require plenty of practice so I wont crack my dome!

I hate to say it but even with practice there still is plenty of room to crack your dome! I've had my chair for years now and almost flipped mine backwards today after transferring out of the car on the driveway. Just set the COG at something reasonable and with time find your comfort spot where your COG is "tippy" but not "tipsy".
    Most of all, enjoy the new chair! Upload pics when you get a chance (with specs!).
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

I also want to see pics! I have a Q7 as well and love it. I got it 1/2012
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Was too busy to drive to the VA to pick it up on Friday. Will try monday!

Lin, what back do you have on yours?

I have a Jay3, what did you order on yours?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Just the regular adjustable strap one...trying to see whats out there

There are a lot of options out there! Do you have any specific issues with your back? I have scoliosis caused by ligament laxity, along with excessive curve in my lumbar area which is also probably from the ligament laxity. When sitting up, after a period of time I start getting muscle spasms and if I keep sitting up eventually they get so severe they pull my ribs out of place. Proper back support allows me to last longer before this starts, and also changing up my back angle and therefor exactly which muscles are working the most helps as well. That one is why I went with the Q7, that was my biggest need in a chair. A chair is no good if you can't stay sitting in it! And the result between the on the fly adjustable back of the Q7 and my Jay3 (with all its options and custom foam block support) was even better than I expected, and has allowed me to stay sitting up and spend much more time in my chair than I had hoped for.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by yangt03; 05-09-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Pictures