Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frank Reynolds - Invivo 4/29/13 video

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Is there a good balance of Neuro-scientists to Investment Bankers?
    I don't know. The biotech company goal is about making money and they probably wouldn't need many neuro folks to make that happen. eh?

How does he propose dealing with the scar??
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    He mentions great result in monkeys for chronics, is this published?
    I've only found this: http://invivotherapeutics.com/pdf/jnmarticle.pdf

Here's the research section off the company website.
    http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/about-us/research/

The article you linked to there void is a 2 day acute lateral hemi model. The ipsilateral tracts were transected without removal of a full segment or only particular tracts (lateral corticospinal efferents, dorsal funiculus afferents). A unilateral restriction of the lesion was implemented with the aim of sparing bladder function and anal muscle tone by allowing compensatory innervation by retained contralateral corticospinal efferents.
    The injury created paralysis in a ipsilateral tract of one of the hindlimbs but they allowed sparing of bladder and rectal function and retention of sufficient overall motor function and mobility and allowed the continuation of feeding, grooming and other healthy activities without supplementary veterinary care.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    How does he propose dealing with the scar??

Alex Aimetti, PhD, R & D Manager said they propose to just cut it out if I heard it correctly in his November presentation.

I would never sign up for that in a million years ... madness.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I don't know. The biotech company goal is about making money and they probably wouldn't need many neuro folks to make that happen. eh?
    Did Frank Reynolds claim he had cured his own SCI?

And Frank's appearance on Fox Business from yesterday.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/va...ylist_id=87060

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Here's the research section off the company website.
    http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/about-us/research/

The article you linked to there void is a 2 day acute lateral hemi model. The ipsilateral tracts were transected without removal of a full segment or only particular tracts (lateral corticospinal efferents, dorsal funiculus afferents). A unilateral restriction of the lesion was implemented with the aim of sparing bladder function and anal muscle tone by allowing compensatory innervation by retained contralateral corticospinal efferents.
    The injury created paralysis in a ipsilateral tract of one of the hindlimbs but they allowed sparing of bladder and rectal function and retention of sufficient overall motor function and mobility and allowed the continuation of feeding, grooming and other healthy activities without supplementary veterinary care.

Yes, I know it's an acute model, that is why I was asking if someone knew where I could read about the chronic model. I found the paper there of course. Can you give a more precise link where I can read about the chronic monkey model he mentions in the video?
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

yea dont you know, with the magical books he read.

I have never heard him make that claim.