Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frank Reynolds - Invivo 4/29/13 video

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Hey c473s, did geron seek the HUD?
    No they moved it through without that. I was a bit surprised they stopped after the amount of money they had invested. With hindsight there were not and have not been significant sensory or motor movements but with only 5 subjects was that enough.

I hope Hans Kirstead can find somebody to pick the trial back up but with every passing day those odds drop.

I feel Geron bailed early and went after lower hanging fruit with the cancer market or they like so many find that cancer draws money at a far better rate of funding. I really dislike that choices are driven by economic factors but that is life unless a government or a Bill Gates steps in to SCI with a heart for the chase. Miami has not had enough $ to chase at a faster pace nor have any of the other "cure" foundations. (CDRF, Stifel, Bedford.....)

So many possible trials to chase and so far such a limited source of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    It all comes down to judge of character. Some dismiss their animal
    results as misleading, but I don't think people like Bob Langer,
    Richard Roberts and Reggie Edgerton would risk their reputations
    on bogus results. They have an accomplished team, promising
    results, plenty of ambition, and they have the ability to raise tens
    of millions of dollars.

And I don't think they're less convincing than aynone else.

I agree with Wise Young that more clinical trials, trying many
    different treatments is the key to success.
    Is Ed Wirth still there ? I think I heard he departed but maybe just rumor mill.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    Is Ed Wirth still there ? I think I heard he departed but maybe just rumor mill.

Ed is gone. Lots of new staff on the roster that's been there less than a year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Ed is gone. Lots of new staff on the roster that's been there less than a year.
    Is there a good balance of Neuro-scientists to Investment Bankers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    He's working on the chronic model.
    Source? I hope its not just word of mouth. You know, he needs our support too for this acute stuff. It makes me wonder if the chronic talk is just mumbo jumbo to get our support. Then once this acute trial becomes therapy, they'll forget about us. The long run money is with acutes, right? Once you heal all the chronics, well thats that. No more money to be made on chronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Source? I hope its not just word of mouth.
    Um, he mentions it in every interview, including this one.

And they've conducted trials on chronic primates.

"Word of mouth," lol. What an embarrassing assumption. These are
    neuroscientists; they're a little bit more professional than that.

I may be missing something here, but how does he "need" our support (our being the chronic SCI community). I daresay he isn't relying on our financial support, moral support, or any other type of support. I just don't really see what he could possibly hope to gain in the long run from constantly mentioning efforts to move on from acute to chronic SCI if its all a sham. Also, I know a lot of people around here seem to hate Reynolds personally for whatever reason but I doubt the entire staff at InVivo would go along with him publicly lying repeatedly and be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    Um, he mentions it in every interview, including this one.

And they've conducted trials on chronic primates.

"Word of mouth," lol. What an embarrassing assumption. These are
    neuroscientists; they're a little bit more professional than that.

WTF does being a neuroscientist have anything to do with what I said? Frank is a business man. "Word of mouth" - Mentioning something about chronics. "Oh yea we are going to have something for them too". Come on, you haven't heard that one from any other group?
    I am sorry. I did not know that they actually did conduct trials on chronic primates. I thought it was just acutes. So how did this trial go?

When he is telling the truth here he deserves his rolex , which ticks on his wrist.....he said they had good results removing scar tissue in monkeys. So he has to sit down with a lot of neurosurgeons and has to talk to them immediatly because these are the guys who do it and will take out/in the stuff we need to recover....

This problem was also discussed on the meet the scientists event 2013. Different companys and labs doing wonderful powerpoint presentations which look so nice but when they talk 1 minute to a surgeon afterwards he simply says ´´ehm no way that this works dude´´.....

He mentions great result in monkeys for chronics, is this published?
    I've only found this: http://invivotherapeutics.com/pdf/jnmarticle.pdf
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.