Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ rec?

AZ rec?

Anyone have a link or attend the Arizona rec center that was redone?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

NO it's actually the community's but made it fully accessible. I recall reading @ it in NM.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    NO it's actually the community's but made it fully accessible. I recall reading @ it in NM.
    you sure?

http://www.newmobility.com/articleView.cfm?id=12124

It's fully accessible 2 blocks from where i work, state of the art. It has accessible pools two basketball courts, a gym catered to the disabled community. A must see place!!

ahhhh......thanks!! Sorry DD!

T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

That's it. It's amazing! I train there regularly.

And it wasn't "redone." It was built from the ground up. It's on the Disability Empowerment Campus (DEC) thus, the only co-located facility of its type. I love the DEC and SpoFit!
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I'm a member. I posted some stuff about it in arndog's workout thread and elsewhere, which you can find by just searching on "Spofit".

It's not open to the community - you need to be a person with a disability or a family member to join.

It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    I'm a member. I posted some stuff about it in arndog's workout thread and elsewhere, which you can find by just searching on "Spofit".

It's not open to the community - you need to be a person with a disability or a family member to join.

It's awesome.
    Actually, any person can join. The facility was built to be universally accessible.

SpoFit handbook.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.