Thread: Question for Tom ROHO - Contour Select

Question for Tom ROHO - Contour Select

I bought my wife a Contour Select last fall and I'm afraid I picked the wrong size. She was on a 9 cell wide, full height but it was just something I picked up with a used chair. She did well on it but I wanted to try Contour because my wife's ischial points are very low compared to the rest of her bottom. The cells under the ischials are sometimes completely pushed over sideways. My wife said she liked the new cushion better, but unfortunately she got a sore within a couple months (still not healed).
    No way to tell exactly what the cause was. The quadrant where she got the sore does seem to lose a bit of air over a week. It might be just leaking into another section. It's not much but I can feel a little difference. I have to test the balance because she can't feel much. It's also difficult to check overall inflation because her ischials dive so deep. Which leads me to what I think the real problem is. The 10 cell we have has 4 low cells in the middle. In terms of a text description it is HHMLLLLMHH in the critical area, where H = 4", M = 3" and L = 2". I'm afraid the low section is too wide.
    What I want to know, and probably many others, is what is the cell profile of all the available widths. Ideally I'd like to see a 9 cell HHMLMLMHH. The L cells in that configuration being the ones that tend to be completely deformed for her on a full height.

MSspouse,

Let's discuss this offline, so I can better understand the problem and help you determine the best solution. Please send me an email with the best number and time to contact you.

Thanks!

Tom
    tomb@therohogroup.com

can you report, please?

Quote Originally Posted by MSspouse View Post
    I bought my wife a Contour Select last fall and I'm afraid I picked the wrong size. She was on a 9 cell wide, full height but it was just something I picked up with a used chair. She did well on it but I wanted to try Contour because my wife's ischial points are very low compared to the rest of her bottom. The cells under the ischials are sometimes completely pushed over sideways. My wife said she liked the new cushion better, but unfortunately she got a sore within a couple months (still not healed).
    No way to tell exactly what the cause was. The quadrant where she got the sore does seem to lose a bit of air over a week. It might be just leaking into another section. It's not much but I can feel a little difference. I have to test the balance because she can't feel much. It's also difficult to check overall inflation because her ischials dive so deep. Which leads me to what I think the real problem is. The 10 cell we have has 4 low cells in the middle. In terms of a text description it is HHMLLLLMHH in the critical area, where H = 4", M = 3" and L = 2". I'm afraid the low section is too wide.
    What I want to know, and probably many others, is what is the cell profile of all the available widths. Ideally I'd like to see a 9 cell HHMLMLMHH. The L cells in that configuration being the ones that tend to be completely deformed for her on a full height.
    I'm interested in knowing how the problem-solving goes on: is it possible?

Thanks!