Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5th Trial (CN102B_HK) people walking?

5th Trial (CN102B_HK) people walking?

I received the "Clinical Trials: Update and Upcoming" newsletter and read that 15 or 20 people with complete SCI began walking after 3-12 months of treatment in the 5th Trial (CN102B_HK). Is that right? I find that to be shocking news and wonder why it hasn't been mentioned on news programs. I see that it's taking place in Kunming but that shouldn't matter. Did I read that update correctly or am I missing something?

Thanks for any information,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Yankman30 View Post
    I received the "Clinical Trials: Update and Upcoming" newsletter and read that 15 or 20 people with complete SCI began walking after 3-12 months of treatment in the 5th Trial (CN102B_HK). Is that right? I find that to be shocking news and wonder why it hasn't been mentioned on news programs. I see that it's taking place in Kunming but that shouldn't matter. Did I read that update correctly or am I missing something?

Thanks for any information,
    Joe
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...91#post1689191

Yes it is indeed shocking
    News like this is only credible when published in the appropriate venues and open for scrutiny and when confirmed by independent, credible/reliable authorities. This site is full of wild cure stories, all create hype/hope all end in oblivion. i do not know the M.O of this trial but usually news like this does not come out on internet sites or off the cuff.
    My fear is that many desperate people frequent this site and may try to jump the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Yes it is indeed shocking
    News like this is only credible when published in the appropriate venues and open for scrutiny and when confirmed by independent, credible/reliable authorities. This site is full of wild cure stories, all create hype/hope all end in oblivion. i do not know the M.O of this trial but usually news like this does not come out on internet sites or off the cuff.
    My fear is that many desperate people frequent this site and may try to jump the gun.
    Jump the gun on what?

I agree, jump the gun on what? If humans are walking with less than a year, this should all be approved and funded. I must be missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankman30 View Post
    I agree, jump the gun on what? If humans are walking with less than a year, this should all be approved and funded. I must be missing something.
    With due respect this quote is exactly what i mean by jumping the Gun.

May i quote Dr`Wise himself
    "I have done many clinical trials and while the current results are very promising, we need to confirm them in rigorous phase III trials before I am willing to say that the treatment really works."
    Last edited by peterf; 04-30-2013 at 06:29 AM.

With due respect this quote is exactly what i mean by jumping the Gun.
    How so? Are you suggesting the trial should not be funded and should not be approved?
    Is that what "jumping the gun" means?

No. Barry i don't want people on this site going wild on hope, it is not mentally healthy
    My point is that these results raise more questions than answers.
    If these results confirm that ASIA A patients could not have achieved walking without cell therapy this would be nobel prize material and work wonders for cell investment funding. The venue to publish such results is not a newsletter nor an internet site.

No. Barry i don't want people on this site going wild on hope, it is not mentally healthy
    My point is that these results raise more questions than answers.
    If these results confirm that ASIA A patients could not have achieved walking without cell therapy this would be nobel prize material and work wonders for cell investment funding. The venue to publish such results is not a newsletter nor an internet site.
    You are talking confusing kind of stuff....

While the results are promising its critical to do the next phase of the trials which will compare four groups. At this point it's unproven which variable is responsible for the success.
    Further the 15 subjects who are walking don't have mobility and sensory scores that correlate to walking capabilities. Most likely they are walking bc of cpg. If these people stopped their 666 training their body would forget how to walk.
    That being said this study does show some type of regeneration and is unbelievably exciting.