Thread: Need SC doctor

Need SC doctor

C6 Post 22 years and I have not been able to find a SCI Dr. in Melbourne FL. I had a friend (doc) who let me use the xray machines and a script for valium. He used to sneek me in for free but insurance costs have forced him to stop seeing outpatients.

Bottom line I have not sen a SCI doc in a long time.

Can anyone help?

Cris, I am moving this to the Doctors and Clinics forum. If anyone has a suggestion for you, please post it there.

(KLD)

This PM&R physician (physiatrist) is listed for Melbourne as a member of the American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA).

I would at least start by calling his office:

Stuart Miller, M.D.
    PM&R
    Brevard Rehab Medicine
    101 E. Florida Ave.
    Melbourne, FL 32901-8301
    tel (321)951-8137 x15

You should also ask if he is board certified in SCI Medicine.

There a quite a few in Miami if you wanted to travel that far.

(KLD)

Dr. Stu. Miller has been seeing me since he arrived here; he has even snuck me in the exam rooms because of no insurance. I have sat and talked with him for hours and we have traded personal favors. Unfortunately he is no longer seeing outpatients (Insurance).

I don't need much; I would only call him every couple of years or get an order for a KUB. Now that I'm post 20+ I need a new Stu Miller I can call when I need to! If his original secretary was there it would be fine, the new one doesn't know me from Adam Sigh practicing insurance, rather than medicine.

She told me to look in the yellow pages, incredible.

Don't talk to his secretary or other staff. Call him and say you need to speak to him personally, or send him a letter marked "Personal". Ask him to refer you to a physician who is appropriate. This is part of his responsibility as your previous provider (to refer you to another appropriate provider if he can no longer provide your care). Even if he was doing it on the sly, this is actually patient abandonment. You may need to travel to Miami for a complete evaluation.

(KLD)