Thread: project walk dvd?

project walk dvd?

it seems like a while back I saw something about being able to buy a home exercise dvd. I have a friend that will help me. But looking on project walks site I only see the monthly home program with the set up fee that you pay monthly. Does anyone know of any dvd that shows intense effective technices / exercises / workouts for sci? And where I can purchase one? Thank you. Ian

I think because everyone with sci is SO DIFFERENT, there's not one DVD that can push everyone. I went to project walk and they had to work with me for a bit to help me discover how to "push" myself at my level.

Before I went to PW and before I could move anything below my waist, I did a upper body seated workout with a DVD by Lisa Earikson (sp?) Its one hour and aerobic, and you can add wrist weights when it gets too easy, but its pretty out of date.

Abacolan

We were selling a DVD last year, but what we found was that we were introducing new exercises every couple of months, this made the current DVD obsolete. That is why we decided to launch the web based exercises, it allowed us to update the content as necessary. If you are really interested in pursuing these types of recovery exercises, I would encourage you to try the web based exercises.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

thank you. can you post the link please? I remember also seeing that pw offered a program to train the patients trainer for at home therapy? Is that still availale, and is pw the only program that offers something like that? Is there a pw in florida? Thank you for the info.

I live in central Florida and go to CORE and l-o-v-e it! They offer an activity based exercise program and have the best FES equipment out there. Check it out...

www.coreflorida.com

Just thought I'd share since you're in the Sunshine State!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Want more? Go CORE.

abacoian

Sorry have been on a 2 week trip and didn't see your most recent post. We do have a center in Florida Project Walk Orlando.

Here is the link to the Online Home Program http://www.projectwalk.org/home-recovery-program/

Yes, we do offer the ability to train a family member or an exercise professional to do the exercises with you at home. It is called our Train Your Trainer program http://www.projectwalk.org/spinal-co...ogram-options/

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery