Thread: boycott Dish Network

boycott Dish Network

DENVER (CBS4) – A landmark ruling Thursday could impact any working Coloradan who uses marijuana legally.

The Colorado Court of Appeals says Englewood-based Dish Network had every right to fire employee Brandon Coats in 2010 because he violated company rules by using medical marijuana while he was not on the job.

Coats is a quadriplegic and says marijuana is the only thing that helps him with what he calls “huge muscle spasms.”
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/04/2...rk-pot-ruling/

there are plenty of alternatives to Dish Network. I say screw them if they can a disabled worker for a legitimate and legal use of marijuana outside the workplace. Before someone replies "he knew the rules"... well my rule is if you treat your employees inhumanely, you don't get my business. That's what they get for not reading the fine print of my customer policy.

Blog Entries
    No need to boycott if their service sucks to begin with.

I've had Dish for probably 20+ years. Really no issues or problems

I just signed up for DirecTv after 10+ years with Dish. The main reason was this issue. I am still shocked any employer would fire this man for use of drug after work for medical reasons that is less dangerous than alcohol never mind opiates you can get prescribed to you.

Dish's service isn't any worse or better than DirecTv (They both have pluses and negatives) but Charlie's over bearing methods on his employees was already a sore spot for me. This was the over the top example of how Dish tries to control its employees that just wouldn't let me continue with Dish any longer.

I am for medical marijuana. But truth is this was an excuse to fire him. There must be some other history. Employers will look the other way when an employee performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I am for medical marijuana. But truth is this was an excuse to fire him. There must be some other history. Employers will look the other way when an employee performs.
    You don't know Dish! I work in IT in the Denver area and the stories about Dish and their ways are legendary. Dish is always looking to hire because seasoned professionals know to stay away.

The president of Dish has a son who is a quad.