Thread: Green light to the Oracig SL

Green light to the Oracig SL

Hi everyone.

Oracing have gave me green light to the Oracing SL.
    The name of SL, is just Super Light.
    The complet weight, incluide everything (sideguards, brakes, footrest and plate, seat & back uphostery, 4 "softroll casters, rear wheels, pushrims&tires) the estimate weight is between 16-17 lbs.
    I hope it will see the sun this summer.

Just for give a bit of colour to the thread, here`s the last hadbike, fame made with hidroformed tubes.

Congrats totoL1. As always, we will be interested in hearing all about it. Wow, 16-17 lbs. sounds great.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

A new toy for built the lightest metal chair of the world.
    Ready prepared and go.

What's the not-so-secret secret behind the much lighter weight?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    What's the not-so-secret secret behind the much lighter weight?
    Nobody seating on it, and helium gas inside tubes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Hi everyone.

Oracing have gave me green light to the Oracing SL.
    The name of SL, is just Super Light.
    The complet weight, incluide everything (sideguards, brakes, footrest and plate, seat & back uphostery, 4 "softroll casters, rear wheels, pushrims&tires) the estimate weight is between 16-17 lbs.
    I hope it will see the sun this summer.

Just for give a bit of colour to the thread, here`s the last hadbike, fame made with hidroformed tubes.
    With rear wheels installed, that weight is impressive.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    With rear wheels installed, that weight is impressive.
    Yeah it is!

Lowest I've gotten with my BTMg is 18, but that included cushion. No brakes or side guards, though. Just frame, wheels, upholstery, and cushion. (15x16x16x19 frame size)

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Yeah it is!

Lowest I've gotten with my BTMg is 18, but that included cushion. No brakes or side guards, though. Just frame, wheels, upholstery, and cushion. (15x16x16x19 frame size)

The weight incluide; painted frame, upholstery seat ( i will install it just for take the pic of the weight, but i will use CF seat) brakes, fendered sideguards, footrest, softroll disc CF casters and katanas rear wheels, but no cushion.

Probably this is the last metal chair i wil do, this summer I'm going to do a crash course to learn about how to do carbon fiber 3D molds, et..
    The only carbon fiber chair good out there in the market is the panthera, but only you can choose the width of the seat and backrest height.
    I want to do a custom CF wheelchair, where the customer could choose all measurements like Oracing, certainly not going to be cheap.

I will do frames and send it to Oracing to get finished with uphosthery, inside stem fork barrel, etc.
    Last edited by totoL1; 05-19-2013 at 05:18 PM.