Thread: Low pain today

Low pain today

I don't know if this is irritating for some with high pain to read , (because when my pain is high it might bug me but just thought I'd report a positive this time- that my pain level is low today- hurray!

It frustrates me to not know exactly WHY, because I would LOVE to replicate the circumstances to keep it low!

It's amazing to me how much more I can sense my legs and lower body with my pain not competing so much with the sensation I guess. And of course, it lightens my mood. I actually caught myself singing today. (I looked through the little "smiles" people on the side, but there's not one singing! So maybe you techie people could make one??? )

BTW some those little animated people are amazing!
    Last edited by darlagee22; 04-24-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: grammar

I am glad for you - you are such an upbeat person. Good on you. Enjoy the day !

Agree with Arndog. Happy for you also... gives me hope.

As you say one of the many frustrating things about pain there is often nothing to explain causation / correlation of change too.

Wishing you many more low pain days.

It's up now, but I might know the reason (or maybe not!) Thanks for the well-wishes & I wish you well back!

That was a 3 hour turn around.

Well most of the day before I wrote it was low. Maybe 10 hrs.

Darla - sounds like I have similar pain...with no rhyme or reason I'll have a few days of "mild" neurogenic pain then several terrible days. Which meds do you take for the pain?
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

I take lyrica, 50 mg morning and afternoon, 100 mg at night (I just added one at night) Also nortriptylene 25 mg at night. I could take more, but I'm trying to keep it at minimum. I just started trying 1 or 2 benadryl to help me sleep, because it seems to get worse when I lay down at night.

Among all the mystery causes, it seems like constipation or any pressure in my bowels adds to the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP2112 View Post
    Darla - sounds like I have similar pain...with no rhyme or reason I'll have a few days of "mild" neurogenic pain then several terrible days. Which meds do you take for the pain?
    Oh yeah, Kyle, I also have a supply of oxycodone for the really, really bad times, which come maybe 3X a month.

In addition to what I just posted, If I have a fever or other real body pain I take ibuprofen because that sets off the nerve pain, also.