Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer board for shower

Transfer board for shower

I am C7 and for the past 25 years i have been able to do transfers from my chair to my shower chair. After moving and the slightest changes i just can't anymore. Is there a transfer board that is easy to slide on when wet? Thanks!

I use the regular wood board but I cover it with a pillow case. That's thevwaybthey taught me at rehab and works fine or me

Ultra Slick sliding boards can help. But you always have to be concerned about your skin with any transfer board.

pbr

Quote Originally Posted by t976 View Post
    I use the regular wood board but I cover it with a pillow case. That's thevwaybthey taught me at rehab and works fine or me
    This.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

You could try using Johnson's Baby Powder on board, not the type with cornstarch. The baby powder makes transfer smooth when dry. After shower I carefully dry legs where they make contact w board then reapply more baby powder. When skin is damp this technique is good for one transfer.

I have been using one that I had one made from the white Teflon sheeting used to line coal ducts at power plants. (Often thought of making them and selling them) It works great and almost to slick at times. I do my transfers from the chair to the shower bench with my jeans or shorts on and transfer from the shower bench back to my chair in a clean pair of boxers which I think also helps.

Summergirl Please check out the beasy trans system on my website. I used this item when i was in rehab. The transfer is almost effortless once you get on, to be honest almost to easy. Please take the time to ask some other Quads on here if they used the beasy system before you make a purchase on my website or any other website. I wish you luck. Nick

http://www.indemedical.com/BeasyTran...s_p_1649.html#

Ok I use to have the hardest time transferring in and out the shower because a wet butt just doesn't slide well on a wooden board. So one day I got the brilliant idea to slather baby oil onto the board. And now I can slide with ease. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Some might think this is a little dangerous , but just go slow and you will be fine. If one of you doesn't like my technique that is ok, but it works for me

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    Ok I use to have the hardest time transferring in and out the shower because a wet butt just doesn't slide well on a wooden board. So one day I got the brilliant idea to slather baby oil onto the board. And now I can slide with ease. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Some might think this is a little dangerous , but just go slow and you will be fine. If one of you doesn't like my technique that is ok, but it works for me
    I use baby oil too. I don't know how anyone can slide on a board with bare skin.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I use baby oil too. I don't know how anyone can slide on a board with bare skin.
    Ok so I am not the only one lol It makes getting in and out the shower so easy!