Thread: Hotels in Baltimore

Hotels in Baltimore

Does anyone have suggestions on a decent and accessible hotel in Baltimore? I would like it to be an affordable price as well.
    I looked at the Radisson Plaza Lord and it has mixed reviews. I was bundling with my flight as I found that is cheaper.

Thanks!
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last year for a week. Wasn't an accessible room though (we cope without one at the moment), but the room we had was small. We then moved into a nearby apartment for 8 weeks.

Would recommend somewhere near the Inner Harbour (Harbour East especially) if you want accessibility in general. Unfortunately they probably aren't cheap....

Are you going to Johns Hopkins? (That's why we were there).
    Last edited by Gordy1; 04-25-2013 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Changed "West" to "East"
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last year for a week. Wasn't an accessible room though (we cope without one at the moment), but the room we had was small. We then moved into a nearby apartment for 8 weeks.

Would recommend somewhere near the Inner Harbour (Harbour East especially) if you want accessibility in general. Unfortunately they probably aren't cheap....

Are you going to Johns Hopkins? (That's why we were there).
    How was the bathroom at the Hilton Garden Inn?

I can make everything else work as long as the bathrooms are big enough. I don't even really need a roll-in shower, but would need a handheld showerhead then. I'm taking my Quantum bath-bench and it can set in a tub (I transfer over a tub everyday).

It can be anywhere in Baltimore. I'll have a car. I just need the room itself workable.

No, going for pleasure.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Bathroom was definitely compact, but probably not too small. Toilet on the far wall with little to no space either side (so transfer would need to be front-on).

Don't remember if there was a hand-held shower though - sorry!

Glad to hear the trip is for pleasure, although I'm pleased to say that we had a good time in Baltimore, even with the daily JH visits (which, fingers crossed, seem to have done the job for my son that we hoped they would!)

Enjoy!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

We stayed here a few years ago. I don't remember specifics, but I recall being pleased with it:

http://www.brookshiresuites.com/

My wife and I stayed the Pier 5 Hotel on the Inner Harbor a few years back. GREAT location, very nice hotel, fully accessible room .... I don't remember what the rates were back then, but like everything else, they're probably more today.

http://www.harbormagic.com/Pier5/pier5_default.asp
    "This is a life like no other ... this is the Great Adventure" -- Steven Curtis Chapman

+1 on the Pier 5. I was there this week. While it is a pricer, you should take into account the money you would spend on parking and the time you would spend getting around in the congested traffic.

The accessible rooms are actually better than most- more handrails and wider spacing around the bed.

You are right on the waterfront and can wheel to almost all of the Baltimore attractions except Fort McHenry and the museum of art - and busses run to those.

BTW, the best seafood is at Mo's right across from the Pier 5. Their crab cakes are the best I've ever had.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

I have stayed in the Hyatt. Nothing special and a bit pricy ($229 and they charge for parking ), but right next to the Inner Harbor and just down the street from Camden Yards and the aquarium. Have a good trip!

http://www.baltimore.hyatt.com/en/ho...ctivities.html

http://baltimore.hyatt.com/en/hotel/...essibilty.html

Thanks all. I found one on the Inner Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post

BTW, the best seafood is at Mo's right across from the Pier 5. Their crab cakes are the best I've ever had.
    We have had these several times. Sooo good. Try the restaurant next time you are in the area.

http://gandmcrabcakes.com/