Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: climate - pain

Quote Originally Posted by Gregsw View Post
    I went to Phoenix for a vacation and loved it so much I was living here within a month.
    The heat was so enveloping. Like a heated blanket covering you. Even just 80 degrees inside is just not the same as 80 degree in the sun. The only thing I hate is the Air Conditioning (most of the time.) You freeze even if it is set at 85. When it comes on to cool your house, it’s just as cold of air blowing, no matter what it’ set at. Just changes how long the cold air blows. So your room is 85, but the air still feels cold a lot.

I often wake up sore and stiff. Mot mornings the first thing I do is go outside. I instantly start to relax my muscles. But days like last weekend were cloudy so my body was tight, sore, and my spasms were bad. Even though it was still warm, without the sun, it’s just not the same. I’d rather it be sunny and 69 than cloudy and 89.

I’m from Seattle and I was always cold, sore, stiff. It changed my whole life moving here for the better just because of the warm sun. I certainly would recommend any quads to try living somewhere warm and sunny for a month, see if they feel better. Though I heard Florida was a bit too humid and was uncomfortable for quads. Everyone is different I guess.

Greg
    Hey Greg, possible that you can redirect your A/C vents? A lot of different style vents out there but the ones that bug you, you could turn them around or adjust the lever so they don't blast you directly? Or switch those ones to another style vent? I believe vents are pretty cheap. Something to look into
    Good luck

I know the feeling. I have arthritis in my left hip that I can feel and it's miserable. It's been humid and rainy here the past few weeks which has multiplied my arthritic pain along with my central pain. I'm talking the doctor next week about getting a script for medical marijuana. I've smoked it in the past to help with my arthritis when they got really bad and it really made a difference. Hopefully it'll work out. Maybe you can try something like that
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I know the feeling. I have arthritis in my left hip that I can feel and it's miserable. It's been humid and rainy here the past few weeks which has multiplied my arthritic pain along with my central pain. I'm talking the doctor next week about getting a script for medical marijuana. I've smoked it in the past to help with my arthritis when they got really bad and it really made a difference. Hopefully it'll work out. Maybe you can try something like that
    Now that medical marijuana is legal to many of us and we can experiment with different types, strains and ways to ingest, I personally rate it as THE MIRACLE DRUG of all drugs! Anyone who gets relief from any type of ailment and can enjoy a better quality of life, I say go for it. I wish you much relief rybread. Good luck sir

Hello.... We are having a low pressure rain storm today... legs "O" fire this morning bad bad... it's going to be a long day

Quote Originally Posted by Gregsw View Post
    I went to Phoenix for a vacation and loved it so much I was living here within a month.
    The heat was so enveloping. Like a heated blanket covering you. Even just 80 degrees inside is just not the same as 80 degree in the sun. The only thing I hate is the Air Conditioning (most of the time.) You freeze even if it is set at 85. When it comes on to cool your house, it?s just as cold of air blowing, no matter what it? set at. Just changes how long the cold air blows. So your room is 85, but the air still feels cold a lot.

I often wake up sore and stiff. Mot mornings the first thing I do is go outside. I instantly start to relax my muscles. But days like last weekend were cloudy so my body was tight, sore, and my spasms were bad. Even though it was still warm, without the sun, it?s just not the same. I?d rather it be sunny and 69 than cloudy and 89.

I?m from Seattle and I was always cold, sore, stiff. It changed my whole life moving here for the better just because of the warm sun. I certainly would recommend any quads to try living somewhere warm and sunny for a month, see if they feel better. Though I heard Florida was a bit too humid and was uncomfortable for quads. Everyone is different I guess.

Greg
    I live in frozen hell Wisconsin and the long fall through winter seasons cause my chronic foot pain to inflame way higher, while the short three months of summer reduces my foot pain, especially when i'm outside in the sun.

This problem with the cold has been getting worse as each year goes by and has made me often dream about moving somewhere warm as soon as summer ends, but it's just hard to think about actually moving so far away from Wisconsin where all my family/friends live, and then living somewhere that i won't know a single person. As much as i loathe the weather here in Wisconsin, the thought of living in a warmer state all by myself where i have zero friends/family seems like it would be a worse tradeoff. That said, not long from now, the temperatures will be in the 30's and then get into the 10-0 degrees range. Snow everywhere. I'll be so miserable.

stormy weather on the east coast and the neuropathic hell is brutal tonight... sleep will be a dream tonight..

I'm dreading the coming winter. The temperatures have already started to drop to the minuses here and my pain has promptly increased. It will only get worse as it gets colder and colder. And I have 7 months, give or take, of that ahead of me.
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf

I talked to the doctor about it and they are willing to write the script but I would still have to pay for the card which is $150 and then the marijuana itself which is way outside my price range. If I did that, they would cut my supply of Percocet off which I get for free right now although it's not as effective as smoking pot. I just can't afford it right now. Today my pain level has been an 8/10 for most of the day and any little movement in my body makes my hip wiggle just enough to cause me to make that out cringe. Monsoon season is over now so the humidity and temperature will go down over the next couple of weeks making things much less miserable here. I really do need the break. It's driving me insane and no one where I live seems to understand how bad it hurts
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

temperature is cold today and cnp is high... wearing clothes is a problem..

I woke up this morning in tears. My central pain was absolutely horrible and it's not that much better now. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get my pump adjusted back to the way it was before this got really bad. The humidity was way up the past couple of days. Today was supposedly the last day of the monsoon season here so hopefully I won't be in so much pain when I wake up tomorrow morning. I'm sick of it
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ