Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Push Girls: Season 2

I relate the most to Mia, and I think I will this season as well from that preview of whats to come. The issues with her mom, especially the comment she made about feeling like she was the one that was a mother to her mom her whole life.

I think the fight they show starting between Chelsea and Auti is going to be about the dance team.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I was pretty shocked by Auti's story of Eric picking her up and shaking her and dropping her on the ground. Can't say that she didn't deserve it with the hurt and emotion that her actions caused for him......He seemed so different last season. Can't wait to see how this turns out for them.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I do have two more goals after watching last nights show......I want to go down the stairs on my own and I would love to ride the bull like Tiphany did. My husband said absolutely not on the mechanical bull. I gotta practice the stairs though.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

i've always wanted to ride the bull!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Yea, that was pretty shocking... I can't imagine being able to trust someone after they did something like that. One time I had my oldest friend who was at the time also a roommate snap, and he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me up from the couch and shoved me onto the porch. He apologized extensively, and it was partially the fault of him taking chantix to quit smoking (violence was actually a side effect, and he went off the med immediately), but to be honest I've never been able to see him the same way*. But maybe thats because I have a history of being abused. What my friend did was much less violent though than being picked up and shaken, then dropped onto the ground.

*we've been friends since we were 14, and as teenagers I actually put myself physically between him and another individual during physical fights, on more than one occasion, as a way to break up the fight since I knew he'd never hurt me.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

there is no way i'd be able to trust a man that did what auti's husband did

Major impressed with Auti and her raw display of honesty and emotion.

It was very emotional to watch her cry in therapy and open all that up to the world. I admire it because, I think many of us have been there..and it helps to see how couples struggle too and more importantly how they work it out. Major props. I hope the best for her!

I also love how real and non-superficial Tiphany is..she may be an incredible beauty (geez she is stunning!) and living in Hollywood, but she doesn't care about money, or what she can gain from others via looks or influence, or what others think. Much respect to her as well.

Only saw 1 episode..so far..so those stories are all I saw so far...

This show is so groundbreaking..so happy it is back!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I appreciate that Push Girls seems to exist on a pretty much even keel, without all of the high drama that so much of the reality TV world thrives on. There are some emotional climaxes but overall, we follow a narrative arch that artfully intertwines the four main characters lives. Periodically, we zoom in for a close up on each of the women but no one manages to outshine the others. Disability issues are a key component without ever becoming an in-your-face pubic service announcement for the able bodied community.

As always I appreciated the honesty of Push Girls, but was saddened by some of what I saw. Domestic violence is never okay, period. Auti was wrong to be unfaithful to Eric, but you never hurt your partner, your child, your friend, a stranger...I give them both credit for entering couples counseling and for being open about what is transpiring in their marriage, but more than talk, there needs to be a zero tolerance policy on domestic violence for both of them. If Eric does it again, the police should be called and he should be packing his bags to move out. I really hope things only go up from here for both of them, but they have a lot of hard work to do to regain that trust and respect.

I was glad Push Girls showed more of the nitty gritty of life with SCI, when it came down to how Angela lives as a quad. We have seen some of this before, but this season it feels like we're really getting to know Angela, and for people not in the know about SCI, there is an invitation to understand a bit better what her life is like. Angela has a beautiful personality and fun-loving attitude, so even when a subject is difficult, there is a lighthearted veneer. Still, she had to make some tough decisions to move forward with her life. She is bringing on a new non-family member caregiver and that entails uncertainty and vulnerability. We also got to see how she lives daily with a lot of pain and discomfort, and that she requires a high level of care. This was the below the surface view that I was hoping we would see, where it wasn't all fun times with friends at restaurants, ski slopes, and nightclubs. The footage we saw felt like a balance that does justice to the way these women truly live their lives. And their lives are about so much more than their disabilities, but at the end of the day, the disability does factor in.

The narratives surrounding Mia and Tipphany didn't stand out as much for me, although I have a feeling each of them will have episodes in the future where they jump out more.

I do feel a certain connection with Tipphany, because I am bisexual (for real--hate that I even need to write that), and have a similar attitude, where I am so over people staring at me for one reason or another, and have also literally used the line, "Let's give them something to stare at!." I too have been the girl in the wheelchair outside the gay bar getting scoped out by straight ABs, for mackin' it with another girl. Whatever. Life is too short to let happiness pass you by.

From the teaser reel for upcoming episodes, it looks like there's going to be some outdoor adventures, family drama, and more infighting between Auti and Chelsea, along with Chelsea's continued battle for rehabilitation. I do hope Auti and Chelsea deal with the whole Colours in Motion spat because it does feel like a "high school" dispute. Honestly, I think they could both communicate better but IMO Auti is the one that keeps dragging it down and needs to learn how to take the high road AND share power.
    In our world constituted of differences of all kinds, it is not the disabled, but society at large that needs special education...to become a genuine society for all. -Frederic Major, Former UNESCO Director General

I just watched episode 2, gotta say I think Auti is the one being immature here and thought her crack about Chelsea understanding when she's older was way off base. I think Chelsea does understand that it hurt Auti, but doesn't know what to do about it and wants to move forward while Auti is being childish in wanting to stay stuck in holding a grudge and blaming Chelsea for everything.

Chelsea had a great point, what is she supposed to do stay on Colours N Motion forever just because it was her first? I had a lot of different riding trainers I studied under, it was very hard moving on from someone but it wasn't personal. We don't know the details so maybe Chelsea made mistakes and went about things in the wrong way sneaking behind Auti's back, but dwelling on that doesn't fix anything. If Auti truly cares about their friendship they need to move forward not backward.

Watching them at the abilities expo made me super sad that I'm probably not going to one, I had wanted to go to the Chicago one since last year but right now its not looking like its going to happen.

season one chelsea tried to talk to auti about it and auti got rly angry and bitchy, so chelsea left. seems right to me.