Thread: UW docs in Seattle

UW docs in Seattle

I'll be moving to the Seattle area(Bremerton) as soon as we sell our home.Is there a really good doc you could hook me up with at the UW spinal clinic?

Great Doc in Seattle

Hi,

Sorry, I just read your post. Fortunately for you,
    Dr Barry Goldstein at Harborview Hostipal is one of the best in the nation. The program at Harborview is wonderful. They use an integrated system between the docs, nurses, TP, OT, etc. where if you have a problem, you can just tell one person and they in trun tell the others. That way everyone is in the loop.

The other thing I really appreciate about Dr Goldstein, is that he really takes the time to make surethat your questions are answered. He never acts like he has to move on to hisnext appointment and wants to make sure you have everything you need from him. Should you have any questions between appointments, you can always call a nurse or email him. He responds to emails within a day. Not bad for a doctor as busy as he is.

You should also look into the University of Washington. UW and Harborview are linked as far as research, so going to one or the other doesn't really matter.

Best wishes either way and welcome to Washington!

Angelaandkc , Sorry to you too.Just got here to Washington in time for Thanksgiving and just got the old computer going. Thanks for the advice and DR reccomendation.

Welcome to Washington!

Rain, rain, rain. What's not to love?
    I have lived here for 24 years and wouldn't dream of moving. You'll love it here

Now that I've read this article, I'm going to change my physiatrist. I haven't been very happy with her, she always seems too busy for me. Dr. Goldstein sounds great!

I have a urologist reccomendation, Dr. Michael Mayo at the University of Washington. He is an excellent physician, as well as being a kind and caring person. He's also a neurogenic bladder expert, and he listens to what you have to say, and tries to take care of your concerns. Just what I needed!

Do you have # for Dr Goldstein? One year post surgery, still in W/C, but can stand, ambulate a little w/ walker--Neurosurgeon wants to do another surgery, remove whats left of t8 vertebra/instrumentation--I need another opinion--THANX, DrLee