Thread: help staying awake

help staying awake

So I've managed to hold down a job since Dec. All things being equal doing well. Critical is that I typically work from home so spaz, CP meltdowns etc are un noticed mostly. They know I have a back issue but no idea SCI and how bad it can be. have an office in the back so can hide when having issues, close the door.

sleep deprived never more than an hour or maybe 2 at a time, 3 maybe 4 hours a night, a dozer full time 20 min here and there.

local boss knows I doze but gets emails and work from me 24 hours so seems to ignore it, make loud noises when he needs me.

BIG problem this week Owner in from France, I need to be in office every day (aarrggghhh) need to stay awake all day every day. can try to disappear but am on-call all the time for this visit. local boss not in the owners best graces and this is not a "great job visit" so all under scrutiny. Trying to manufacture a client call for a day but he may want to come along so this is not a really bright move.

How can I stay awake?? I NEEED to stay awake, do too much coffee as is and it does nothing.

This is actually a serioius issue for me I desperately need to keep this job nd sleeping on the job is not going to cut it.

stupid and silly but any ideas

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Keep a wet washcloth in a ziplock bag and wash your face if need be.

Keep a water bottle to sip. That helps some too.

Good luck!!!

Keep us posted!

Do you have a client that is willing to play along if the big boss does a ride a long? Just put on a dog and pony show.

And over the next few days cut back on any regular caffeine use. That way you can use coffee / caffeine pills / chocolate covered espresso beans for a quick hit of energy.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by bollefen View Post
    Critical is that I typically work from home so spaz, CP meltdowns etc are un noticed mostly.
    Working in your underwear is a perk...lol

I am still laughing at your pantsless endeavor to do something on the other side of the office during your meeting.

What about one of those energy drinks?
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

struck out yesterday nodded out 3 x

5x so far today

Water Water, have an energy drink will try it

wash cloth helped but these are rapid onset

Really bad pain coming on so that unfortunately will help.

I am so used to caffiene, I have a strong cup to relax at night so sadly that's a no go

aarrgghhh

the visit was to stay out of the spotlight, have clients that would play along but think faling asleep at the cleint would be deemed even worse :-(

DED doesn't everyone work with no pants on?? LOL

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM