Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfort Company VICAIR cushions

Comfort Company VICAIR cushions

I first posted about this cushion technology deep within another thread (Post #49), but when I found this YouTube video, I thought Comfort Company's VICAIR should have its own thread.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I first posted about this cushion technology deep within another thread (Post #49), but when I found this YouTube video, I thought Comfort Company's VICAIR should have its own thread.
    The second choice of the PT I saw recently was for the VICAIR Vector (first choice was a ROHO Quadtro High Profile). I noticed in your #49 link that you liked the VICAIR design and feel. Can you not feel the individual triangular cells poking into you?

E
    PS ROHO is on its way
    Last edited by Essie; 04-19-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

I used one of those type cushions when they first came out, called MaxPro I think, gave me a nasty pressure sore that took months to heal. Switched to Roho and haven;t looked back.

Too bad, I really liked the light weight of it.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Tried one a while back. Didn't work for me and, like McDuff, went back to ROHO. I was really hoping it would work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    The second choice of the PT I saw recently was for the VICAIR Vector (first choice was a ROHO Quadtro High Profile). I noticed in your #49 link that you liked the VICAIR design and feel. Can you not feel the individual triangular cells poking into you?

E
    PS ROHO is on its way
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, but sitting in the demo for a couple minutes was super comfortable (no poking).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The triangle shape is supposed to help the cells align with each other as a flat surface, so its supposed to NOT poke at you from the way they explain it.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I had one and like others I had pressure issues

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    The triangle shape is supposed to help the cells align with each other as a flat surface, so its supposed to NOT poke at you from the way they explain it.
    They do poke you though. My butt had little dots all over after sitting for a while. It's a good theory, but doesn't seem to actually work the way they say it should.

chasmengr,

Regarding "... VICAIR should have its own thread ..." - here is another Vicair cushion video that shows submerging a Vicair air cell in water and then cutting the cell open to peek inside.

Chas-

Do you have it yet? You'll give us a full report to include the stability, frictional properties, comfort, distribution of stresses, and heat accumulation when you get it, right?

E

PS Did you get the JS Pro back?
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com