Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devastating news, Best childhood Friend

ugh, totally sucks
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

aww I hope he gets better. keep us updated.

Hope they had him chilled and added the MP. When my pain ended was when things stopped working level by level over 3 hours. His clot sounds a lot bigger. Light on the way!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I talked to him. He had laminectomy(sp?) from C3-T1 and bone graft and plates/screws, etc. He was sent home without a collar, which blows me away, they told him what they had built was way stronger than a collar and wasn't needed.

He fell asleep on couch, head rolled to the side, he woke up in excruciating pain and by time he got to the bed, couldn't feel his feet, then his legs, then chest, by the time he was in the helo, he couldn't feel anything. His blood clot covered a few levels by the time they got to it.

Does anyone know anything about Dodd Hall at Ohio State University? That is where they are thinking of going. Their writeup on website sounds good. I went to school there decades ago, so I obviously like the school, just don't know about sci care there.

http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/rehabil...ges/index.aspx

Thanks for your thoughts everyone; he is scared, mad, confused, just like we all were at this point in time. There is a newly injured packet of info going to them thanks to Cheesecake, and I have pointed them to CC to start looking around.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Sorry to hear about your friend, McD. Cleveland and Columbus both have some first rate facillities and docs. Hoping for the best for all concerned.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

What happened to your friend is sickening. The writeup for Dodd Hall does sound good, and if he goes there I hope that he will receive exactly the kinds of rehab work he needs. It makes my heart sink, to think he was sent home from Cleveland with such a glib explanation for no collar. Like you, this just blows me away.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Wow, I don't have a clue as to what to say to this other than I am glad he has you on his side. (and Cheesecake)

What a horrific chain of events! I'm so sorry for all of you. He's very fortunate to have you for support. Sending prayers for his recovery and strength for you.
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

There is a newly injured packet of info going to them
    Glad we connected McDuff. Info has been sent as well as a second email. I cc you on both. Call me as you need me, same for your buddy and his wife.
    We will get him to a solid SCI rehab center and moving forward with his life.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Just saw this J. and am so sorry to hear about your friend. I moved from Ohio and know both Cleveland and Columbus have great facilities. We lived just south of Cleveland, and my sister lives near and has worked in Columbus most of her life. So I know he is in good hands there.

It's been awhile since anyone has posted here, so I hope your friend is doing okay. I hope you are too.....