View Poll Results: What level is our SCI and how has it affected your bladder?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a neurogenic bladder but can still urinate on my own ad have sensation

5 13.51%
  • I have a neurogenic bladder but can still urinate without having any sensation

0 0%
  • I have a neurogenic bladder and cannot urinate on my own but still have sensation

11 29.73%
  • I have a neurogenic bladder and cannot urinate on my own and I feel no sensation

21 56.76%

Thread: Poll: what type of neurogenic bladder do you have ?

Poll: what type of neurogenic bladder do you have ?

This poll is to get information on what level your SCI is and what type of neurogenic bladder it has caused. I think it could help those looking to find what type of bladder issues they may experience depending on the level of their SCI. Thank you in advance for participating. It would also help to post a short post telling a little bit about how it has affected you, if you feel like it :-)

My SCI is at L5 to s2-s3, I have a full neurogenic bladder with no function and can feel no sensation in any of the genital areas. I have absolutely no bladder, bowel or sexual sensation nor function and am completely numb. Mine was immediate after having a tumor removed from inside my spinal cord, which ended up severing the whole Cauda Equina branch, leaving me with immediate full CES after surgery, and no chance for recovery as the blood vessels to the nerves were also cut. The only feeling I do get is shooting nerve pain but no regular sensation nor pain feelings. My injury occurred January 2009.

I am a C5-C6 Quadriplegic and have a neurogenic bladder/bowel. I have bladder sensation but not normal like when I was an AB. I can feel the urge to go and feel the pain when I have to go badly and can go when I wish but I retain about 350 ml when I void. This, of course, is the perfect environment for brewing uti's which is why I cath.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

I'm more like Millard ( Happy Birthday Millard). I have CES. I can pee some, but need to cath because I don't empty when I void. I have some sensation, everything just about works, but not well.

When I got CES, it was immediate and shut down everything. Even my ovaries, which at the time I was not even peri menopausal. I went from that to being post menopausal in 6 hours, which was how long my surgery took, the hot flashes are killer and my body is still in shock from it being so fast i think. I woke up with no sensation from my waist to my knees, no bladder function or bowel function, and my stomach barely works. I have to take meds to eat and then I only can eat at dinner time or sometimes not at all. Now I have developed really bad clawing neuropathy in my feet which makes it really hard to walk. My neuro thinks I am developing arachnoiditis because I just keep getting worse and everything is progressing fairly fast. I always just pray for one good day and every now and then I get lucky. That is what keeps me going, just trying to keep a positive attitude :-)
    BobbieLee
    SCI from L5 to S2-S3, complete Cauda Equina Syndrome , symptoms from waist to feet, as well and as far up to the stomach. Spinal cord surgery for removal of tumor Jan 2009

I have a neurogenic bladder with spasticity. When I feel the spasms coming on I know I need to cath, or leakage is going to take place. I have very little sensation, and it is not normal by any means.
    Incomplete T-12/L-1

It's amazing how different from the poll that neurogenic bladders can be.
    BobbieLee
    SCI from L5 to S2-S3, complete Cauda Equina Syndrome , symptoms from waist to feet, as well and as far up to the stomach. Spinal cord surgery for removal of tumor Jan 2009