Thread: Strange bladder change of behaviour

Strange bladder change of behaviour

Hi all,

I have had something really stange happened to me. I have been injured for more than 3 years now and i have a neurogenic bladder. I cath 4-5 times a day but I always have to wear a diaper or a leg bag becuase of leakage. Leakage usually occurs when the bladder reaches 200-250 ml, and even less sometimes with transfers or determined moves. I was so tired of the leakage that I was going to go ahead with the botox treatment. i already had an appointment with my urologist to discuss it with him.
    soit turns out that a week and a half ago i went out on Friday night.I drank too much and I got cold.Next day I was sick the whole day. And then since then I have not have a single leak.I can drink as much as I want that I dont leak. I have even cath 700 ml. i go all the night without leaking. The urine smells weird, like rotten eggs, and it is not clear, but it doesnt seem to be any sign of UTI. All in all,it is great, but I dont know whats going on.
    Has somebody experienced st similar?
    Thank you.

You might be able to avoid the brewing UTI, by adding half a teaspoon of creme of tarter to a glass of water. drink it down and wait an hour, and do it again. this should make your pee acidic. that kills bacteria.

Once you have symptoms, you need to go to the Dr though, so that is just if you think there might have a uti. it is harmless, and it often works for me. if you have a juniper bush, pine needle and juniper berry tea works alo.

Im not sure if that will help but i also can retain a lot more in my bladder if i drink some liquor. Dont have much problems with leakage unless im like way over full 500cc if i dont drink alkohol. But while i drink i can retain a lot more without a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    You might be able to avoid the brewing UTI, by adding half a teaspoon of creme of tarter to a glass of water. drink it down and wait an hour, and do it again. this should make your pee acidic. that kills bacteria.

Once you have symptoms, you need to go to the Dr though, so that is just if you think there might have a uti. it is harmless, and it often works for me. if you have a juniper bush, pine needle and juniper berry tea works alo.

Thanks Jodi, but I am not worried about the UTI now. I just want to know how my bladder have changed so drastically suddenly. From having leakages very often (even witout UTI) to no leakage at all. This maybe st temporary but I would like to know in order to decide about the botox treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by wesmaister View Post
    Im not sure if that will help but i also can retain a lot more in my bladder if i drink some liquor. Dont have much problems with leakage unless im like way over full 500cc if i dont drink alkohol. But while i drink i can retain a lot more without a leak.

That was definetively not my case, I had problems with leakage all the time. But for over a week now they have disappear. It is quite strange

You need to talk to your doc about this. And while holding 700 cc's may seem good, it can lead to problems, like uti's, reflux and other issues.
    CKf