Thread: Untethering Surgery Next Week!?

Blog Entries

Exclamation Untethering Surgery Next Week!?

In 10 days on April 25 I will be undergoing surgery for extreme neuropathic pain I've suffered with for 15 years. I'm looking for someone in this community that has gone through this difficult process (DREZ, Untethering, Syrinx etc) who would be willing to give me a little guidance so I can know what to expect.

I really appreciate any input, details on recovery or anything else you think might be helpful. You can just reply here or contact me at the email below.

patrick@healtheworld.org

Thank you in advance!

Patrick Steele
    "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will RUN and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint."
    Isaiah 40:29-31

Wow hope this goes well for you. Please tell us if it helps you, I for one would love to know.

Hey, surf cat, are you sure you want to put your personal email on a public site like this? If you want people can reach you through PM. If you want me to remove it and you rewrite your post let me know.

A friend of mine just had untethering surgery for a liposarcoma in the cauda equina at L4-S1. This is a sticky slow growing malignant behaving tumor that had tethering. He has had worsening symptoms and neurogenic bladder than prior to his surgery but he is only one month post op. It was done by a bigwig surgeon in UC Davis in Sacramento, California. I wish you the best. I spent 6 months in Craig Hospital and have a fondness for that place.