Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TR3 Inormation - READ

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    If your legs work so well, why the hell wouldn't one be smart enough to put them on the ground to keep chair from flipping forward? "Please use your brain some".
    Good point. I've nearly tipped forward quite a few times now, usually due to misjudging exactly when to pop my casters up over an 'obstacle'. However since I have the ability to use my legs and can weight the right leg, I just put that foot on the ground and get myself upright again.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

It is great getting the circus all cranked up.

ME LUVS ALL OF YOU! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! KISSES TO ALL OF YOU!

[imga]49488[/imga]

We love you too Miles, you provide quality entertainment

edit: just realized my avatar is perfect for this thread!
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Shit. What I can hardly wait for comments if/when I do get myself walking. At least I sit here and bust my ass 5 days/week, unlike the circus wait for injury be fixed. You cannot even imagine how may other part of your body you will need to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Shit. What I can hardly wait for comments if/when I do get myself walking. At least I sit here and bust my ass 5 days/week, unlike the circus wait for injury be fixed. You cannot even imagine how may other part of your body you will need to work on.
    Miles-

I am trying very hard to not be offended by your comments. I always tell myself that communication frequently gets misinterpreted online. I am hoping you are not purposefully insulting people who do not have the same level of mobility as you.

Best Regards,
    Essie
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    You never cease to show what an ass you really are!
    What makes you think people in here just sit on their asses and, "wait for injury be fixed"?(your grammar sucks, BTW)

You are extremely lucky that you are recovering function, however you are being a total DlCK by implying that the only reason you are making process is by determining and hard work (which I respect you for), and that us not recovering function simply aren't trying. Everyone's injury is different, my cord was physically severed by a shard of bone. I cannot regain function no matter how hard I work at it.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

I have been on these forums here for awhile, but due to a new job I haven't been on much since about Aug of last year when you joined. I was reading the start of this thread and wondered why people were coming down on you so hard. I now understand, for some reason you believe that all injuries are the same and that with enough gusto, enough push, enough drive, enough prayer, enough motivation, enough... whatever you want to call it, but as long as you have enough of it you'll begin to heal, get better, recover..etc again whatever you want to call it.

That's fine and dandy, but that means that to me you do have one of those injuries that can and will heal and I hope that you have a 100% recovery and in a years time you are out running marathons... I want to continue with my thought, but I have no reason to drop to your level and show you the disrespect you show so many with your thoughts and words.

As to the topic of this thread, it sounds like whoever did your measurements didn't know what they were doing. I've had 2 Ti's and the first one was as you mentioned and I know that the person who did those measurements wasn't the best. The one I'm in now I would be able to stand on the foot plate with all of my weight (if I could stand) and the back wheels would not come off of the ground. Sounds like a technical error to me, I'd for sure not go back to that person for assistance again on another chair.
    TexasWheelz in reincarnate, couldn't log in or get my PW reset...

Quote Originally Posted by SuprSi View Post
    We love you too Miles, you provide quality entertainment

edit: just realized my avatar is perfect for this thread!
    hahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    Miles-

I am trying very hard to not be offended by your comments. I always tell myself that communication frequently gets misinterpreted online. I am hoping you are not purposefully insulting people who do not have the same level of mobility as you.

Best Regards,
    Essie
    Oh no, he purposefully is. He's one of those people that things its all about the work he put in, not about his injury allowing him to get better. Doesn't understand the difference between that and those with complete SCI, static chronic conditions, progressive disorders...
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.