Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pimple

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    I'm going to pop it tomorrow. It may be healing from the inside, but nothing is really changing on the outside. Also, I saw on Dr. Oz today that it should heal two times faster with Aquaphor, have any of yall used that?

Thank you for all your replies.
    Mona
    I use Aquaphor to keep my legs and feet from drying out/cracking. I didn't know it contained anything to accelerate healing?

That looks more like a boil than a pimple.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Let us know what happens.
    CKF

ThankS Lynnifer im still debating on weather or not to pop it.

If that white part is raised, it will eventually open anyway. If it's sunken in (difficult to see in the grainy photo), I would seek a medical opinion.

Too bad you guys don't have Telehealth like we do in Ontario ... you can call, free-of-charge and seek out a Registered Nurse's opinion 24-7 ... I've used them 3 times. They'll either advise, tell you to get in touch with your doc or go to the ER or call an ambulance for you if required.

This has been the only good thing the Liberals have done for Ontario, lol.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The picture disappeared so I can't see anything but if I were you, I would leave it alone. If you pop it and it gets infected it will go deep and the next thing you know you'll have a deep sore. Good luck on whatever you decide
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    If that white part is raised, it will eventually open anyway. If it's sunken in (difficult to see in the grainy photo), I would seek a medical opinion.

Too bad you guys don't have Telehealth like we do in Ontario ... you can call, free-of-charge and seek out a Registered Nurse's opinion 24-7 ... I've used them 3 times. They'll either advise, tell you to get in touch with your doc or go to the ER or call an ambulance for you if required.

This has been the only good thing the Liberals have done for Ontario, lol.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    nice! we can call 24/7 at a doctor's office and get the opinion of the on call doctor for things free of charge. if we're lucky, we get our doctor. but that kind of service would be nice as well.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

This is how it looks now and I did not pop it. It did this on it's own. It is not open. It looks like the skin will probably just slouth off, but I think it looks good, don't you?
    Lynnifer, that's really nice. I wish we did have that here.

Thanks for all of your really great ideas!
    Mona

Blog Entries
    Mona,
    Hard to tell from that photo, but I Photoshopped it, and this looks like I would expect it to. I had a similar situation a couple of weeks ago, but with no "head" like yours. It turned out to be an ingrown hair. My PCP popped it to get a culture, and I put vetericyn hydrogel on it 3 times a day for a week and it healed up nicely. Edit: My pimple was not on my butt, it was a little lower than my belly button and 4" to the left.
    Last edited by Donno; 04-20-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: clarification
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Thanks for explaining. I'm glad that it looks like it should look, and I hope it heals as good as yours. I'm on my 7th day, so I'm ready to get up any day!

yea just looks like normal healing for a pimple. mona, did you never have acne as a teen?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/