Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody diarrhea

Bloody diarrhea

I was hit Sunday evening with a headache, projectile vomiting, stomach pain I feel, and massive diarrhea. While the projectile vomiting has stopped and I can finally manage small sips of water, headache continues (AD?), what was a bloody fecal matter mix is now just funny looking blood. It isn't dark, not bright red, just brownish red and in little bits, some looking almost like sand. I'm passing this every one to two hours now, not in huge amounts, but it continues. I'm shaky feeling.

I have not taken Immodium as it seems I need to see what I am passing given the blood. I gave not eaten since before this started Sunday.

My bowel program was regular until this happened so I'm not blocked.

Any ideas what is up? TIA.

BTW, I have cerebral palsy and an inc c 6/7.

salmonella. go to er.

good luck hon. don't waste any time.

I would also get checked for C-Diff, it's an irritation type infection the the intestine and could be causing these problems.

Get to the ER! It is not something to fool around with. The blood could be from irritation, but better to get it checked out and to get some fluids in you.
    CKF

Thanks, all. I'm slightly improved today, still passing small amts. blood, drinking h2o, less stomach pain. Call into my doc.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Thanks, all. I'm slightly improved today, still passing small amts. blood, drinking h2o, less stomach pain. Call into my doc.
    don't get dehydrated!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Sounds like the symptoms of Novovirus.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

ME, you're having symptoms like my Mom before she had a serious bleeding ulcer problem. Best to go see the ER people if your doc can't get you in for tests today. Feel better soon!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Let us know what is going on. Hopefully, you went to the ER.
    CKF