Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

Can't sleep. Just watching recorded 60 Minutes ... I heard about a throat injury and tonight it appears he shot himself in the mouth through the neck in an apparent attempted suicide. If you didn't bleed out from the artery or stop breathing ... the only other thing I can think of is the cervical spinal cord?

Great ... if he's quad some will say,"Good - what he deserves!" and perpetuate the notion that we somehow deserve our injuries.

Karmic retribution - well how does it taste? Wonder if charges will still be federal and the death penalty pursued?

He was able to ambulate enough to sit in the side of the boat ... but with inflammation and the jostling of the arrest ... ?

I also expect - because the uncle stated the older bro's radicalization started at a Mosque in America - for there to be attacks on Mosques in 3 .. 2 ..
    Last edited by lynnifer; 04-22-2013 at 03:33 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Don't you just want to give him a hug?

http://imgur.com/a/fEZhX
    The boy in blue is the one who was killed, correct? That's an astounding photo!

Was a guy at Shepherd when I was there, failed suicide attempt, gun in the mouth, TBI.

he's writing his answers, so it's doubtful it's an sci.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Sorry no. McVeigh was motivated by domestic issues (FBI and Waco if I recall). I somehow doubt assface and his brother were motivated by lack of universal health care or Obama taking away second amendment rights. If they were I will eat my words.

From what we can tell so far they were motivated by foreign anti-american rhetoric, they are not native born american citizens and their motivations was to attack Americans because of our actions abroad not domestically. This, as much as the left wants it to be, is not "domestic terrorism".

All that being said, I do agree as a citizen he should get a trial (even if he wasn't I would feel the same way). Then spend the rest of his life in an 8x10 cell 23 hours a day.
    We don't know what lunacy might have motivated them -- sounds like older bro was conned into some Islamic fantasy in which he got to be a brave warrior. Not clear what younger bro had cooking in the hind brain.

I think we agree, except about the definition of domestic terrorist. I was using that term to say that younger brother was a US citizen who had lived here since he was 9 yrs old. He wasn't like a 9/11 hijacker. You're using it to say that his issues were probably related to our foreign policy and not something in our domestic situation.

All I know is I want there to be a trial in open court, with rules of evidence and attorneys doing their jobs. It's been a good system so far in bringing terrorists to justice -- unlike the military tribunal route.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    The older one is said to have been strapped w/ explosives. Whatever he had in mind, I doubt convo was part of it. He was full-on jihadist.
    True.

And of course I wasn't serious about my comment as to why the younger drove over the older. I'm sure you all knew that though

It's too bad the brats didn't go with the parents back to Russia. They didn't deserve to live in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    The boy in blue is the one who was killed, correct? That's an astounding photo!
    Yes. With his Mom and sister.

Poor little cuties.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Great ... if he's quad some will say,"Good - what he deserves!" and perpetuate the notion that we somehow deserve our injuries.
    Lynnifer, I think you're drawing an odd conclusion. For example, why
    would someone assume that Chris Reeve deserved his injury?

CR wasn't a terrorist who blew off bombs in crowds and killed and maimed innocents. That's the distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    I have encountered this and other people with disabilities have experienced it too. The ones who promote that idea are mostly those lhe believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. They support it with select quotes from the Bible, e.g., God smites people as punishment for sins, or for some, even sins of the parents. The sinning might not be obvious but God knows. I guess God resembles Santa Clause or vice versa. We need to pray for forgiveness. If we genuinely beg for forgiveness we might be allowed to pass through the pearly gates for whatever.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/