Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

I'm blaming mental illness for now, until we have more information. He's the perfect age for it ... in school ... probably experimenting with drugs ... the family doesn't seem exactly stable.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

My older bro could talk/mock/shame/scorn/flatter me into nearly anything until I was 23 or so. Truth be told the last time he nearly got me jailed I was 30.

He was mentally ill. Also my sun, my moon, my interpreter to the language of Grown Ups. Older sibs can be so influential. Luckily neither of us was evil. Or zealous.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Don't you just want to give him a hug?

http://imgur.com/a/fEZhX
    I would sure love to give him a hug! I would love to hug him until he took his last breath.

The news now reports the surviving suspect sustained a throat injury and may be unable to communicate. He's intubated and sedated.

Oh to be a fly on the wall. Not only did he cause carnage and kill people, but let's not forget that he also killed his older brother by ramming a vehicle into him and dragging him. Christ, the parents of all of these young people who mass-kill need to start a support group for each other ...

And here's the epitome of grace ... from the parents of lil Martin Richard after the manhunt was over ...

"None of this will bring our beloved Martin back, or reverse the injuries these men inflicted on our family and nearly two hundred others," the Richard family said. "We continue to pray for healing and for comfort on the long road that lies ahead for every victim and their loved ones."
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

At this time it is difficult to buy into the mental illness or naive 19-year old motives. Post-killing he went about with life as usual. He even attended a dorm party where he was smiling and seemingly enjoying himself with friends. To be so nonchalant about what happened seems to reflect a cold, bold killer. Also, if he was being coerced or pressured by his brother, he could have given up when his brother was killed. Instead he ran over his brother and even attempted to continue killing when the police arrived at the boat. He was an intelligent college student who certainly knew right from wrong. His brother may have been the leader but he seems to have willingly followed.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

The whole going-to-the-party thing is how you get away w/ stuff. It's how youhide in plain sight. It's less effective if you've committed heinous acts, already been captured on film and the whole dorm is going to see your photo on cnn, tho. Can't believe he didn't run and keep going. Wuss. Did this party happen after he'd killed his brother? That's where I lose the thread completely. If the guy was THAT influential, and you and Allah took him out, then what?

I once committed a crime in college. Got away w/ it only b/c I stood still, looked upwards and pondered the stars. The guy next to me panicked and took off running. The law chased him for 24 hours. They ran right by me, and by the egg in my other pocket as well.

My crime wasn't terrorism or carnage or murder. It involved a raw egg and the bald head of an arrogant police officer. (Is there a statute of limitations on that kind of thing?)

One of the stories I never told Jake. It was Halloween, I was an 18 yr old drunktard. These things happened in olden times.

I don't know if he is tied to any group or terrorist ties but it seems to me that he wanted to be a terrorist for a day so we should treat him as such. I personally would like to remove his legs slowly and painfully and slather his open wounds with something that would cause horrendous infection. Let him die slowly from his infection. Obviously he has a mental issue so that is not even something we should consider analyzing or arguing over that part. I personally don't give a shit if his brother led him in to these acts. He knew it was wrong and he should suffer the consequences of his actions. It's not a political debate and its not a racial debate. He didn't consider the people who died and suffered from his actions and I don't think we should waste time or money considering his agenda, back ground, whether or not his brother led him to it or anything else. He is a cold blooded killer and a waste of human flesh. Make him disappear!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I want a trial.

I want the full press of the law: visible and inexorable and above all standard.

He gets a lawyer, as every American citizen does. He gets to have his defense. I keep hearing this bs about how he needs to be named an enemy combatant so he can be questioned with "enhanced" methods, but that seems absurd.

He's a domestic terrorist, just like McVeigh. The body of evidence against him is mountainous, so the outcome is known . . . and the authorities have his computer, and his brother's computer. They're going to find out a lot more from those than this kid probably even knows, especially if the stories about his brother's involvement in jihadism are true.

He's a lifer now, or a death penalty case. I want to see him in open court, and more than anything I want that guy whose legs he blew to bits -- the one who described the kid's face from his bed in ICU -- to get a chance to look him in the face again. That story just kills me.

'He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, "bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,"' his brother, Chris, said on Wednesday in an interview.
    After learning of his life-changing injuries and as he recovered in intensive care, Jeff was able to give a description of the bombing suspect to FBI officials.
    source

I do believe in this ... other Muslims *should* distance themselves and not give proper burials to people like the older brother ...

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/0...tes/?hpt=hp_t2

... if they're so fundamentalist, you can't have it both ways. Maybe a deterrent (though remembering the colour of the sky in my world is lavender, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I don't know if he is tied to any group or terrorist ties but it seems to me that he wanted to be a terrorist for a day so we should treat him as such. I personally would like to remove his legs slowly and painfully and slather his open wounds with something that would cause horrendous infection. Let him die slowly from his infection. Obviously he has a mental issue so that is not even something we should consider analyzing or arguing over that part. I personally don't give a shit if his brother led him in to these acts. He knew it was wrong and he should suffer the consequences of his actions. It's not a political debate and its not a racial debate. He didn't consider the people who died and suffered from his actions and I don't think we should waste time or money considering his agenda, back ground, whether or not his brother led him to it or anything else. He is a cold blooded killer and a waste of human flesh. Make him disappear!

Nope. I do not want to act like or worse than him. If we were that kind of people it would only justify such actions against us. Even when obviously guilty he is entitled to be treated fairly under the law. That is what we strive for.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/