Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

As soon as it appeared likely that two or more people were involved, the "mental case" theory was shot down. I hope they can take the second one alive so they can get at the motive.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

One down one to go. Not quite sure how you get from the civil war in Chechnya, to bombing the Boston marathon. Was the US helping Russia, I don't think so.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Not so fast ... mental illness can be hereditary or brought on by excessive substance abuse ... I know lots of 19yr olds who snap. My niece is one of them.

I'm not ready to call it a Muslim radical act yet.

It could just be a case of the 19yr old following his 26yr old brother. Extended family who have lived in America for ten years. Scholarship, involved in boxing and swimming.

I hope the kid turns himself in - such a baby face.

Keeping their nationality out of it until there's more forensics done on the web.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Not so fast ... mental illness can be hereditary or brought on by excessive substance abuse ... I know lots of 19yr olds who snap. My niece is one of them.

I'm not ready to call it a Muslim radical act yet.
    Really? They are muslims who set off bombs in a terrorist act. Seems fairly straightforward to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Really? They are muslims who set off bombs in a terrorist act. Seems fairly straightforward to me.
    Who cares where they came from. Kill them quickly, waterboard them to death. They are not foreign military, they are sadistic terrorists who should be treated as what they are. Sub-human animals with incurable rabies!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Would you say that if they were Catholic or Jewish? This just might be a case of youth gone awry? I guess I'm a hopeful person.

After 9/11, our 911 centre was bombarded with calls about Muslims getting in their cars, shopping at the store, walking down the street ... it was absolute racist chaos. Maybe that's why I differ in opinion.

I just wanted to mention, also, that anyone who has taken the obligatory psych class (even uneducated me) knows that it's cultural shock for youth who try to adhere to strict family/religious tradition while trying to delve into a new society ... I'm not going to go search for statistics, but Windsor is a town overrun (not the right word) with Muslims. The area I dispatch for is quite diverse as well. It's not uncommon to see their youth in trouble with the law, often. Same with our First Nations. It can't be easy - it's not an excuse to commit criminal acts - but I stand by what I've said. (The officers at work say I way too soft-hearted - maybe - but I like being a human being with compassion who tries to understand and not blame).

Let's wait and see how this plays out. I really hope that baby-faced kid surrenders.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Just watched their uncle outside his house. Very interesting interview. I'll let it marinate a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Would you say that if they were Catholic or Jewish? This just might be a case of youth gone awry? I guess I'm a hopeful person.

After 9/11, our 911 centre was bombarded with calls about Muslims getting in their cars, shopping at the store, walking down the street ... it was absolute racist chaos. Maybe that's why I differ in opinion.

I just wanted to mention, also, that anyone who has taken the obligatory psych class (even uneducated me) knows that it's cultural shock for youth who try to adhere to strict family/religious tradition while trying to delve into a new society ... I'm not going to go search for statistics, but Windsor is a town overrun (not the right word) with Muslims. The area I dispatch for is quite diverse as well. It's not uncommon to see their youth in trouble with the law, often.

Let's wait and see how this plays out. I really hope that baby-faced kid surrenders.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Who cares where they came from. Kill them quickly, waterboard them to death. They are not foreign military, they are sadistic terrorists who should be treated as what they are. Sub-human animals with incurable rabies!
    Yea, that really helps trace their connections, motivations, triggers and access to planning and materials.

There was no martyrdom and they stuck around to watch the carnage (according to CNN this morning from surveillance video - so who knows). Then they tried to rob a convenience store ...

A smart terrorist would have been at Logan airport and gone by now.

I've shut the news off for my own sanity. It will be there when it's there.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 04-19-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Just watched their uncle outside his house. Very interesting interview. I'll let it marinate a bit.
    That poor guy was raped by the media! See how he said though - no family connections in a while. Spoke with their father a while ago - hadn't seen the brothers in years. Called them losers who couldn't settle their lives ... said they brought shame to the Chechnya name ... eff I'd want to kill myself if my uncle said that about me too.

I hope the poor fellow who had both legs blown off (the photo going around is gruesome and I think media should pull it out of respect though I notice they're cutting it out or blurring it now, but not before FB got a hold f it) is not watching this and is surrounded by family and comfort. Same with those who were killed.