Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    I was just repeating what the article said. Nobody reads links. As the article said:
    Read the article. Considering Al Qaeda has published how to make bombs out of pressure cookers on the internet I really don't see how it "feels american".

Heard a TV report last night which may well be incorrect but startled me. The original reports mentioned use of ball bearings and nails for shrapnel. Last night they referred instead to very small shrapnel items - bee bee type objects and brads. If this is the case the idiot who did this might only have intended to wound rather than kill and may have made a horrible miscalculation regarding the deadly potential of what he made.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Heard a TV report last night which may well be incorrect but startled me. The original reports mentioned use of ball bearings and nails for shrapnel. Last night they referred instead to very small shrapnel items - bee bee type objects and brads. If this is the case the idiot who did this might only have intended to wound rather than kill and may have made a horrible miscalculation regarding the deadly potential of what he made.
    That and the fact that an 8yr old child died ... I assume whomever did this was out of the country in the first 24hrs via Logan Airport.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    That and the fact that an 8yr old child died ... I assume whomever did this was out of the country in the first 24hrs via Logan Airport.
    No chance, even on a good day it's hard getting out of Logan.

Well, it looks like they have video of the jerk buying pressure cookers at Lord & Taylor. I would pay money to be in the room during interrogation when they ask him, "Sir, may I see those pressure cookers you purchased?"

'How to' on building pressure cooker bombs was published by Lyle Stewart in 1971 in The Anarchist Cookbook, right here in the good old of USA. Freedom of speech and the press strikes again.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I was in Boston----it was unreal.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

my daughter was tending bar a few hundred yards from the first blast. It's the biggest day of the year for her and her employer. There was some tense hours before I heard she was okay. She helped clearing tables out of the streets so that ambulances could get in and passed out bar towels to bloody people.

I know others that were at the race and was struck by the diabolical brilliance of bombing an event that is so carefully timed and has such a huge number of participants and supporters that could have been affected by the explosions. Everyone will have a story as to how close they came to being near the bomb. In fact they will probably be able to cite minutes and seconds. Maximum terror

Lots happened overnight ... been watching CNN for the past hour and half.

Brothers originally from Chechnya ... Shoot-out at MIT with security officer down, police officer injured and in surgery. Older suspect gets run down by his younger brother during a car-hijacking and the one left behind is found with more explosives and dies later at hospital.

Now, Waterdown Mass is under lock-down as the younger brother is on the loose.

Apparently there was a FB post on how one didn't have any Americam friends and he just didn't understand them.

Think I'm caught up. That's a 2-parter TV movie (terrible joke). Hope they catch the suspect ... for justice and answers.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Yep.

The night of chaos began just hours after law enforcement released images Thursday afternoon of two suspects in the bombings at the Boston Marathon finish line Monday afternoon that left three people dead and more than 170 wounded.

The suspect is Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, a government official told the Globe. The Associated Press reported this morning that the suspects came from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency.The Globe has also learned that the dead suspect is Tsarnaev’s brother.
    Just as predicted, lone wolf, foreign muslim terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Lots happened overnight ... been watching CNN for the past hour and half.

Brothers originally from Chechnya ... Shoot-out at MIT with security officer down, police officer injured and in surgery. Older suspect gets run down by his younger brother during a car-hijacking and the one left behind is found with more explosives and dies later at hospital.

Now, Waterdown Mass is under lock-down as the younger brother is on the loose.

Apparently there was a FB post on how one didn't have any Americam friends and he just didn't understand them.

Think I'm caught up. That's a 2-parter TV movie (terrible joke). Hope they catch the suspect ... for justice and answers.