Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

I spelled waive wrong, dammit. Tired. Hope the people of Mass can sleep well tonight.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I spelled waive wrong, dammit. Tired. Hope the people of Mass can sleep well tonight.
    Dodn't worry. I nevered know how to slepp it.

Hey. Let the World celebrate.

The news just said that they didn't read him his miranda rights. They don't have to. A terrorist in this country (or anywhere else we can get them) doesn't have any rights. Not at all.

I am still wondering what happened to his brother. He was fine when they loaded him into the police car last night. Now they say that he was killed in the firefight with police. I saw him naked walking to the police car under his own power. Both sides of the guy. He was not injured that I could see and no bandages. He was alive when they caught him. If he was injured, they would have loaded him into an ambulance, not a police car.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

You don't have to be read your miranda rights until they ask you questions. People watch too much TV. Although if he is not a US citizen he doesn't have the rights that you and I do.

ETA: The younger brother is an american citizen, became one last year on 9/11. My first statement still stands, you don't have to be mirandized till they start asking you questions.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    The news just said that they didn't read him his miranda rights. They don't have to. A terrorist in this country (or anywhere else we can get them) doesn't have any rights. Not at all.

I am still wondering what happened to his brother. He was fine when they loaded him into the police car last night. Now they say that he was killed in the firefight with police. I saw him naked walking to the police car under his own power. Both sides of the guy. He was not injured that I could see and no bandages. He was alive when they caught him. If he was injured, they would have loaded him into an ambulance, not a police car.
    Last edited by t8burst; 04-19-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    You don't have to be read your miranda rights until they ask you questions. People watch too much TV. Although if he is not a US citizen he doesn't have the rights that you and I do.

He is a US citizen since 9/11/12. He can be questioned without miranda if the authorities believe there to be a continuing danger to the public. There may be more bombs out there. No rights. No lawyer.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Other people were taken into custody while all of this was going on. And it was either for preventative measures until identification had been verified. Or it was arrests made through search warrants to determine if the suspect(s) were hiding in places they were known to stay.

But people certainly were taken into custody. So it may have been what you were watching.

He is a US citizen since 9/11/12. He can be questioned without miranda if the authorities believe there to be a continuing danger to the public. There may be more bombs out there. No rights. No lawyer.
    You are correct, cops ask you all the time stuff "can I search your trunk", "are there any more bombs". All perfectly legal. "Did you set off the bombs" or any question related to his crime they will read him his rights.

It never ceases to amaze me that people go out of their way to vilify the US. If he was in Saudi Arabia he would be strung from a ceiling with a cattle prod up his ass, yet cops trying to make sure other people don't get killed are automatically assumed to be acting improperly.

Just as I thought, the red menace, damn commie bastards

Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Just as I thought, the red menace, damn commie bastards
    Man, in the Newtown thread you were soooo concerned about the victims and preventing more violence. I guess you only care if the politics are right.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Man, in the Newtown thread you were soooo concerned about the victims and preventing more violence.
    and vice versa

EXCELSIOR

eta: I get asymmetric warfare, it is the product of the inequality, imbalance and dominence that exists. I don't get though how a people will not take rational and fair steps and put their own selfish wants ahead of protecting their own people. Even the slaughtering of children is not enough to move the needle.
    Last edited by gregorious; 04-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.