Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Disgusting.

But we expect it from Van Quad. So it's no longer surprising.
    Whoa!!! Better cut down on your intake of Athabasca River water.

What with Canadians travelling abroad joining terrorist organizations and murdering people.

Yeah, we can only live in our protective bubbles for so long. They are here.
    We export our radicalized idiots, like those two guys from London Ont. (halfway between where lynnifer and I live) going over to seize that gas plant in Algeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Keep it going. The more you post, the more you out yourself.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    LOL .. laughing with you NQ, not at you.

http://www.crcvc.ca/docs/Restitution.pdf

Thinking of Canada's Youth Criminal Justice Act and restitution (though it is not used often enough), it would be nice to make these mass murderers and terrorists pay ... in the form of their parents/families/extended families and generation-wise having to pay for the apprehension, court costs, victims' suffering etc. Hundreds of millions.

I guess it would never fly and the colour of the sky in my world is lavender, but it would make a helluva deterrent ... especially when martyrdom or suicide is involved.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 04-19-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Before 9/11 it's like terrorist attacks were randomn events carried out by independent groups some with muslim roots some without a muslim connection.
    After 9/11 every terrorist attack is radical Isalmists either directly connected to Al queda or peripherally linked to a broader muslim conspiracy.
    Now, the latest radicalized assholes will be rammed into a muslim profile when it probably has much more to do with something related to the ethenic prejudices of their parents.
    Like I said, boogeyman. You can't be blamed I guess, you are just reinforcing your indocrtination.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...1&postcount=27

So I admit I was wrong about the "lone" part, but it looks like I pretty much called exactly what happened. I never thought it was a "muslim conspiracy".

I didn't read any of the news reports or look at any pictures myself. Too much chance of reading or seeing something that would put me over the edge with flashbacks when I was already fragile. But last night my wife gave me some of the details released about the devices - pressure cookers, nails and bb, I still have all of my information only filtered through her, so please forgive me if I've made an assumption on incorrect data.

IMO, it was technically amateur level. While all the components were easily available, I can think of over a dozen ways to improve on their design. I guess it's a sad reflection on my interesting life.

With over the counter components and hand tools, it is possible to construct a device that would have increased casualties by an order of magnitude.

These were not professionals, they were not trained by professionals. My guess - only a guess - is that we will eventually learn that these vermin were self radicalized, not acting as agents of any organization. I don't know their motives, I don't know how long they planned this, but I would bet that we find that this is another case of domestic terrorism, not a foreign attack.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I guess it would never fly and the colour of the sky in my world is lavender, but it would make a helluva deterrent ... especially when martyrdom or suicide is involved.
    It would be effective if killers/terrorists etc. cared about anyone else but themselves.

I mean, terrorist #2 ran over terrorist #1 with a car just to get away.

They couldn't care less for anyone but themselves.

They couldn't care less for anyone but themselves.
    Edited to say you're right there.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Last night about 2 AM I was watching the TV and they were showing the arrest of the older brother. For a long period of time they had him on the ground waiting to see if he had a suicide vest on. They really thought he did. The next we see of him he is completely naked and walking under his own power to the police car where he gets in completely unaided. He didn't have a gunshot wound that I could see and I saw all of him except for the little blurry spot over the danglies. He looked perfectly OK no limp or anything, so if he was shot I sure couldn't see where. If he got run over by his brother, he sure didn't show that either. Next we hear he died of his injuries? Huh, He looked OK to me when he was being arrested.

Not a conspiracy nut, just saying he looked OK at the time of his arrest.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    So I admit I was wrong about the "lone" part, but it looks like I pretty much called exactly what happened. I never thought it was a "muslim conspiracy".
    Nope, they are Chechen separtists pissed at the US for not supporting them (taking Russia's side) during the sadistic russian attempted genocide back in to 90's. The fact they are Muslims is irrelevant.

Lets see who turns out to be correct.

With the number of people the US has either attacked (consider the innocent relatives killed during drone attacks alone) marginalized or promised to support and then left out to hang in the wind it suprises me there hasn't been more attacks. Painting the few that try as radicalized muslims is much more palatable to the american masses.