Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

I hope the poor fellow who had both legs blown off (the photo going around is gruesome and I think media should pull it out of respect though I notice they're cutting it out or blurring it now, but not before FB got a hold f it) is not watching this and is surrounded by family and comfort. Same with those who were killed.
    Apparently he stared into the guy's face as he dropped the duffel bag. 2 1/2 minutes later it exploded. From the description he gave the FBI they were able to narrow down the video search.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...attackers.html

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Read the article. Considering Al Qaeda has published how to make bombs out of pressure cookers on the internet I really don't see how it "feels american".
    Turns out it was domestic. Apology accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    What fricking planet do you live on? Some pair chechnyian muslims are domestic? You should be apologizing to me.

The suspects in Monday's deadly Boston Marathon explosions and the Thursday night murder of a police officer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are two brothers from a former Soviet republic who were in the United States legally for years, and lived together in a Cambridge, Mass., apartment.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...rathon-bombing

Hello Melting Pot, this is Fruitcake, can you read me? Gawd I love Canada.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

What fricking planet do you live on? Some pair chechnyian muslims are domestic? You should be apologizing to me.
    Citizens of the USA from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Disgusting.

But we expect it from Van Quad. So it's no longer surprising.

As much as you try to twist my words I haven't vilified anyone.

Here's the thing. Al-Qaeda exists. The Muslim Brotherhood exists. Islamist terrorism exists. We know this because these people keep trying to kill us -- often successfully. Moreover, they clarify things by admitting it. They say things like, "Hey, you guys! We the Islamist terrorists are trying to kill you!

Now I am sure you are very disappointed that the bomber didn't turn out to be some maniacal Rush Limbaugh fan but get over it. As I said in my previous post I am not advocating anything. I think our systems are working fine, these attacks are impossible to prevent but lets not be so politically correct as to say they are "domestic" (seriously? are you that desperate VQ?)

Oh and as for the "school shooting" BS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...0.E2.80.932009

We spend a ton on money keeping this stuff off our soil (well US soil, not yours)

Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    I never mentioned Bush. I was pointing out..... take your pick, Cheneyism, McCarthyism. Commies, damn japs, muslims, take your pick. You vilifiy a group and add to the self fulfilling prophecy.

Othe then 9/11, 12 years ago, if there really was a serious muslim terrorist plot aimed at the US then it sucks as their frequnecy, efficiency and success rate is pififul. The mass randomn shooters do more damage.

We spend a ton on money keeping this stuff off our soil (well US soil, not yours)
    I'm afraid that Canada will have its day. Only a matter of time.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'm afraid that Canada will have its day. Only a matter of time.
    What with Canadians travelling abroad joining terrorist organizations and murdering people.

Yeah, we can only live in our protective bubbles for so long. They are here.

As much as you try to twist my words I haven't vilified anyone.

Here's the thing. Al-Qaeda exists. The Muslim Brotherhood exists. Islamist terrorism exists. We know this because these people keep trying to kill us -- often successfully. Moreover, they clarify things by admitting it. They say things like, "Hey, you guys! We the Islamist terrorists are trying to kill you!

Now I am sure you are very disappointed that the bomber didn't turn out to be some maniacal Rush Limbaugh fan but get over it. As I said in my previous post I am not advocating anything. I think our systems are working fine, these attacks are impossible to prevent but lets not be so politically correct as to say they are "domestic" (seriously? are you that desperate VQ?)

Oh and as for the "school shooting" BS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...0.E2.80.932009

Before 9/11 it's like terrorist attacks were randomn events carried out by independent groups some with muslim roots some without a muslim connection.
    After 9/11 every terrorist attack is radical Isalmists either directly connected to Al queda or peripherally linked to a broader muslim conspiracy.
    Now, the latest radicalized assholes will be rammed into a muslim profile when it probably has much more to do with something related to the ethenic prejudices of their parents.
    Like I said, boogeyman. You can't be blamed I guess, you are just reinforcing your indocrtination.