Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing

Unhappy

This boogeyman goes BOOM.

Hard to miss it, or really deny it, when that happens. Again.

Over and over.

And over.

That's pretty plain evidence to me, despite how one may choose to feel about Muslims, as a group, as a result.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

That older one died way too quickly. I wish he had suffered for weeks.

So I hope #2 suffers longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    This boogeyman goes BOOM.

Hard to miss it, or really deny it, when that happens. Again.

Over and over.

And over.

That's pretty plain evidence to me ...
    Oh - much like the gun violence in schools?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

You are saying that Muslim terrorist networks are contrived when the leaders openly talk and brag about their capabilities?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    You are saying that Muslim terrorist networks are contrived when the leaders openly talk and brag about their capabilities?
    If that's for me, no I do not say they don't exist. Obviously they do. I'm just not so willing to label this that until we know more.

These kids kill one person (security guard) yet let the owner of the car they hijacked go. They rob a convenience store. Sounds like confused kids who have no idea what they're doing to me ... does that sound like an organized attack?

I'm waiting this one out. I'm just not so quick to label.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    In 1979 the "terror experts" were convinced the KGB were running all the terrorism around the world. The Global Terror Network; Red Brigades, Badder-Meinhof gang, PLO, Fatah, Spain's ETA were all part of a Soviet scheme.

You must miss Dick Cheney.

How could the miltary complex exist without a boogeyman.

BOO!
    Typical, when confronted with logic bring up Bush. I suppose Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab, etc are just figments of my imagination.

I am not advocating anything, in fact the amazing speed at which the authorities found who was responsible as well as the speed and competence of the first responders says to me we really are prepared as we can be for these kinds of attacks.

There are radical islamist organizations whose stated goal is to launch these kinds of attacks on the US. Why my pointing that our and prior to the people responsible being identified predicting that the people responsible would be islamists is somehow offensive is lost on me. If a bomb went off in a Dublin police station I would predict it was an IRA person, it is just simple logic. Was it possible it was something else? Sure, but I merely was stating the most probable cause.

I hope they get this guy before he walks into a senior's care home and blows it up.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Oh - much like the gun violence in schools?
    Oh sheesh.

Yes, exactly like that. (That's why I said '...despite how one may choose to feel...')

I agree, that middleclass white boy school shooters exist the same way I agree radical muslim terrorist bombers exist.

You are correct.

(There's a huge gulf between acknowledging the youth, male, whiteness, and middleclassness of 'school shooters', as a sub-population, and then concluding something about the higher order population, in a general sense. Same for Muslim terrorists.)

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Typical, when confronted with logic bring up Bush. I suppose Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab, etc are just figments of my imagination.

I am not advocating anything, in fact the amazing speed at which the authorities found who was responsible as well as the speed and competence of the first responders says to me we really are prepared as we can be for these kinds of attacks.

There are radical islamist organizations whose stated goal is to launch these kinds of attacks on the US. Why my pointing that our and prior to the people responsible being identified predicting that the people responsible would be islamists is somehow offensive is lost on me. If a bomb went off in a Dublin police station I would predict it was an IRA person, it is just simple logic. Was it possible it was something else? Sure, but I merely was stating the most probable cause.
    I never mentioned Bush. I was pointing out..... take your pick, Cheneyism, McCarthyism. Commies, damn japs, muslims, take your pick. You vilifiy a group and add to the self fulfilling prophecy.

Othe then 9/11, 12 years ago, if there really was a serious muslim terrorist plot aimed at the US then it sucks as their frequnecy, efficiency and success rate is pififul. The mass randomn shooters do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    I never mentioned Bush. I was pointing out..... take your pick, Cheneyism, McCarthyism. Commies, damn japs, muslims, take your pick. You vilifiy a group and add to the self fulfilling prophecy.

Othe then 9/11, 12 years ago, if there really was a serious muslim terrorist plot aimed at the US then it sucks as their frequnecy, efficiency and success rate is pififul. The mass randomn shooters do more damage.
    The billions of dollars the world spends to catch these plots is the pitiful part.

There are always plots to terrorize. There are always agencies around the world working 24/7/365 to stop the terrorists.