Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 204

Thread: Boston Bombing

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Yea, that really helps trace their connections, motivations, triggers and access to planning and materials.
    They can get all of that while they're waterboarding him to death.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Would you say that if they were Catholic or Jewish? This just might be a case of youth gone awry? I guess I'm a hopeful person.
    No, because there aren't organized groups of Jews or Catholics whose sole purpose is to commit terrorist acts against the west.

    I get the whole, all muslims aren't terrorists thing. However there are international muslim organizations that target specifically "youth gone awry" types knowing that it is next to impossible to prevent acts of terror by such people. We shouldn't persecute Joe Muslim because of it but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't exist either.

    Let's wait and see how this plays out. I really hope that baby-faced kid surrenders.
    I hope he does as well. We aren't Iran he should get a fair trial and it would be good to know his motivation and if indeed there were larger forces at play or if they acted alone.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    No, because there aren't organized groups of Jews or Catholics whose sole purpose is to commit terrorist acts against the west.

    I get the whole, all muslims aren't terrorists thing. However there are international muslim organizations that target specifically "youth gone awry" types knowing that it is next to impossible to prevent acts of terror by such people. We shouldn't persecute Joe Muslim because of it but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't exist either.



    I hope he does as well. We aren't Iran he should get a fair trial and it would be good to know his motivation and if indeed there were larger forces at play or if they acted alone.
    Do you have any idea how offensive what you are saying is?

    Substitue drug dealers for terrorists, african americans for muslims and the crime to drug sales to kids.

    Get it?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    They can get all of that while they're waterboarding him to death.
    Did you see Zero Dark Thirty?

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Do you have any idea how offensive what you are saying is?

    Substitue drug dealers for terrorists, african americans for muslims and the crime to drug sales to kids.

    Get it?
    You find the truth offensive?

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Did you see Zero Dark Thirty?
    No I didn't. Do you recommend it?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Do you have any idea how offensive what you are saying is?

    Substitue drug dealers for terrorists, african americans for muslims and the crime to drug sales to kids.

    Get it?
    No. Are you under some delusion that there isn't a global muslim terrorist network?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    No I didn't. Do you recommend it?
    Yes, I could relate to the data mining approach, the "muslim lone wolf" label is weak, there are always dots to connect the person to the act and any one of the dots can link or lead to another threat related chain, which is part of a larger threat matrix.

  9. #69
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    No, because there aren't organized groups of Jews or Catholics whose sole purpose is to commit terrorist acts against the west.

    I get the whole, all muslims aren't terrorists thing. However there are international muslim organizations that target specifically "youth gone awry" types knowing that it is next to impossible to prevent acts of terror by such people. We shouldn't persecute Joe Muslim because of it but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't exist either.

    I hope he does as well. We aren't Iran he should get a fair trial and it would be good to know his motivation and if indeed there were larger forces at play or if they acted alone.
    You are right that these groups like to recruit youth gone awry (and how easy when they're not accepted in their own families and by their countries of residence) ... but I'm willing to see how this ends and give the benefit of the doubt until facts are known. Regarding the other organized religious groups, we could debate that for the next ten years and still make no headway, so I'll leave that one alone, lol.

    Some idiot is pretending to be the suspect on the run .. https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_A .. I hope law enforcement finds and prosecutes that idiot for wasting time and resources. No matter his colour or affiliation, he's just a scared 19yr old kid - even if he's caught and spews terrorism garbage, he's terrified and he's got nothing to lose now, but his life. I do hope we find a motivation other than Radical Muslim Ideology vs America. We don't need the aftermath of 9/11 again on innocent Muslims.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Did you see Zero Dark Thirty?
    Despite my bleeding heart ways, that movie actually changed my mind about torture. Imagine that - me - as a Canadian - unfortunately it's a required tool in times of war.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 04-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    No. Are you under some delusion that there isn't a global muslim terrorist network?
    In 1979 the "terror experts" were convinced the KGB were running all the terrorism around the world. The Global Terror Network; Red Brigades, Badder-Meinhof gang, PLO, Fatah, Spain's ETA were all part of a Soviet scheme.

    You must miss Dick Cheney.

    How could the miltary complex exist without a boogeyman.

    BOO!

Similar Threads

  1. Another terrorist bombing in Bali
    By dogger in forum Life
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
  2. Bali Bombing anniversary .
    By dogger in forum Life
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •