Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh snap. I broke my chair lol

Oh snap. I broke my chair lol

I had just got in from a night out and as soon as I rolled in, I see a caster roll away from me. wtf.

when I was in the states last feb I had someone clean them out because pieces of carpet were stuck and making it hard to wheel, I guess they didn't tighten them. dammit.

I tried to order the bloody screw from a chinese site, and sure enough it wasnt the right screw, I asked for 12mm, they gave me 5mm.

now I can't find a spacer, washer and the screw on any site except quickie. fuck. I contacted quickie and altho the accessories are only $2 each, the shipping is $69.95 (the cheapest slowest)

not sure what to do now, I guess I have to pay it. I'm not entirely demobilized since I can crutch it to some extent, and believe or not your chair can still roll on 3 wheels, but I have to be very careful and right now I have a friend grocery shopping and running errands for me.

Is there an online repair shop I can get screws from that might ship or have international warehouse?

http://www.southwestmedical.com/repl...fork-stem-assm

im looking for number

#16B

Why don't you try a local hardware store? I've found the same size screws at like a Home Depot as the ones I need for my chair.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

In Qingdao?

Imight,

Are you in Qingdao? I been there three times. I can get the parts here in the US and have them air mailed out to you. I've sent many packages to Qingdao, China.

Email me at titanium4motion@gmail.com and let me know your status on what you have done so far? Were 12 hours off time zone.

Let me know how many you need of each part? Do you need tools too? Let me know?

Just be nice to those Chinese ladies.

Ti
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 04-15-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Imight,

Are you in Qingdao? I been there three times. I can get the parts here in the US and have them air mailed out to you. I've sent many packages to Qingdao, China.

Email me at titanium4motion@gmail.com and let me know your status on what you have done so far? Were 12 hours off time zone.

Let me know how many you need of each part? Do you need tools too? Let me know?

Just be nice to those Chinese ladies.

Ti
    email sent.

If you're in qindao they have all that and more upstairs in Carrefour, or the skateboard shop in justco. Or there are several big hardware stores around, I can't remember their names, but ask someone. One is on the route from the city centre to the brewery. I still have a ton of crap from it.

Damn! I've broken two chairs in 19 years. The post on the back rest cracked on one of my Quickies and then a caster broke on one of my TiLites. I fixed the tilite but can't find anyone to touch the post on the Quickie. It's barely used too.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Hope you get what you need Imight. I love this kind of commaraderie from titanium4motion and amyk. This is exactly what this forum is all about if you ask me! It's all not so easy internationally (or even locally), and it really helps to have some people willing to help.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Change out those faunky screws with a nut and bolt. It's the first thing i do on a new chair.

actually pat, now that you mention it, im still rolling around on a nut and bolt i had to replace the stock stuff with back in 08 when the cobblestones in the paralympic village screwed me over... and that was in qingdao! Imight that hardware store is a lifesaver if you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    If you're in qindao they have all that and more upstairs in Carrefour, or the skateboard shop in justco. Or there are several big hardware stores around, I can't remember their names, but ask someone. One is on the route from the city centre to the brewery. I still have a ton of crap from it.
    hey.

I went to carrefour and B&D, but they didnt have the same screw nor the spacer. its mostly home supply stuff, for like gates and doors. I didn't know there was a skateboard shop in jusco however, do you know which one? I live near the one off yangxi rd, I'm almost certain there isnt one there, you must be referring to the one near the olympic center. That's a bit far no way I could make that, I'd have to send someone on an errand there since I'm demobilized. and the chances of getting the wrong supply is pretty great lol, since it's already happened. I'd feel bad sending her out there and them not having it either lol. she's already had to go to the computer district twice, because she kept bringing me back the wrong windows 7 disk. (first chinese version, then 32bit )

I think the hardware store you're talking about is B&D, do they sell lamps? It sort of looks like IKEA a little?