Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowel uprising

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    That's not it. My sphincter can still grip a toothpick like a vice. There's no anal leaking.
    Simple answer - stop sticking toothpicks up your ***!

Nah, my wife uses it too.
    I got nothing (other that I soilded myself laughing at northquads posts so be careful).

If it was me, I would drink some Mag-Citrate to flush out everything. Kinda like rebooting your computer when its all screwed up. YMMV

Though I'll never know for certain, it appears the mutiny was related to my brief course of antibiotics. My GI doc (whom I've still not seen) recommended that I start taking Florastor probiotics capsules. The timing was almost certainly probably pure coincidence (I'd already begun eating a monk's diet) but my symptoms cleared up immediately.

So for now, a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    I'll do a quick search of the internet, come back and pretend that I know everything.

And I'll do it while fashioning a superiority complex that will make you want to puke.

Or is three a crowd?
    amen, funny shit there.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Stephen, doesn't have to be anything. could be a bug, or any number of things. the uti and abx prob just threw your system oiff. unfortunatel shit does just happen.

im still laughing at nq's response.

oh, and im right there with you on the abx. 3-4 days max, I only keep that poison in me as long as I need too. been doing it that way 28 yrs. although i'm rarely taking abx maybe every 3 years or so. like you.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 04-18-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Though I'll never know for certain, it appears the mutiny was related to my brief course of antibiotics. My GI doc (whom I've still not seen) recommended that I start taking Florastor probiotics capsules. The timing was almost certainly probably pure coincidence (I'd already begun eating a monk's diet) but my symptoms cleared up immediately.

So for now, a happy ending.
    Knock on wood.

btw, was the Florastor recommended to be taken only until symptoms cleared or as ongoing "maintenance", and is it typically to treat 'loose' or constipated bowels, or just any irregularity, specifically resulting from the use of antibiotics?

Banned
    Are you still having symptoms?

Stephen, besides mixing my Ultimate Meal with organic yogurt, I take three of these every day. It may be overkill, but my GI has never loved me as much as now.

And the truth shall set you free.