Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't mean to be nosey but......

I pay 1200 a year for ful coverage on my 2012 ford e150
    but i also added on the insurance for my lift and all that
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm thinking you might be paying for those commercials. Low 3's/6m on a 06, high 3's/6m on a 13, 100/300 full coverage and semi-redlined area (Chicago city limits), with State Farm. HO insurance and multi-discount applied, but still, nearly 6oo/6m is kinda steep on a '99.
    Yeah.

I'm with State Farm, too.

Annual is less than $400 on each (full coverage typical 100/300) policy for my wife and I. 2 cars, 2 policies.

Re: Bundling...

We bundle a bunch with them (home owners, specific riders for heirlooms, etc) but not auto.

We still use them for auto but have seperate policies per car.

In VA, policies stack, and cover the people, not the vehicles.

Net result, when filing a claim for getting crunched, it goes to each policy, multiplying the limits.

Bundling bites you if it comes to filing, to save a little on the premiums.

YMMV, check your State regs.
    Last edited by DaleB; 04-16-2013 at 04:32 PM.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I have Progressive since before accident. Had '01 Maxima and destroyed. Also '01 Jeep customized and still sits in garage. License suspended since accident due to seizures. Pay $230/6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i pay 54/mo with geico
    What are you driving? That's dirt cheap.

I think higher here because I live in Connecticut.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm thinking you might be paying for those commercials. Low 3's/6m on a 06, high 3's/6m on a 13, 100/300 full coverage and semi-redlined area (Chicago city limits), with State Farm. HO insurance and multi-discount applied, but still, nearly 6oo/6m is kinda steep on a '99.
    Yes 600 a month, but only newer full covered vehicle make a big difference. I retired my 1984 E-150 In 06 and the premium was a little less. You can only go so low with personal and property rates.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Your credit score is the most important part of your premium amount other than accidents and tickets. Somebody with a great score can have two tickets and it won't hurt their premium much. Then someone with a very bad score with no accidents and tickets and everything else the same will pay four or five times more. Now all states don't allow credit scores like Florida does.

Something that's new that the insurance companies started is grading pip claims differently now. Before they didn't count them against the premium. Now they count them and penalize you very hard on them. Now in Florida if you have 2 pip claims no matter your fault or not your going to have a very hard time finding someone to insure you. Most of the big companies won't touch you. And if you have 1 pip and its over 2000.00 and you didn't go to the er your done.

I have one line of credit. One card. No mortgage, etc. Let's say I cancel my credit card & my FICO drops from ~750 to 0. Then what? The insurance industry is stupid if they use a tool that measures debt as a factor for determining premiums.

Oh, and cheap premiums = cheap coverage. Who here was injured by another driver who had crappy insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    I have one line of credit. One card. No mortgage, etc. Let's say I cancel my credit card & my FICO drops from ~750 to 0. Then what? The insurance industry is stupid if they use a tool that measures debt as a factor for determining premiums.

Oh, and cheap premiums = cheap coverage. Who here was injured by another driver who had crappy insurance?

The insurance industry has spent millions in protecting the rights to use credit as a tool to calculate premiums in Florida. And they have shown that higher scores have less claims. Have you ever wonder when you get a large increase in premium above the states allowed amount and wonder how that happen. Your insurance agent will give you some BS answer. Fact is most of the increase happen when they recalculated the criteria's. Sometimes the rates go down if the criteria improved such as your score. Now most companies don't recalculate the criteria's after each renewals. Usually every two years. For instance, some insurance companies rerun the mvr on there policies once a year. And some don't run them until the policy holder makes a claim. In some companies you can have a ticket and not be charged for it because you haven't made a claim for them to know about it. I know that was the way with the last company I worked for, they may have changed since.

make sure your conversions are covered. my auto ins. is a bit high as I added coverage for my conversions. but, w/o that, if my van is totaled, I am out around 30k over price of my van.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post

Does NO insurance count?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.