Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In a facility

This one is actually healing up pretty fast. I've found good ways to do pressure reliefs and my sore is still healing up when I'm up for an hour or two. It's not even read around it. I'm still being real careful. I got stuck up for a few hours a couple of times waiting for doctors appointments and everything still got smaller. I still stay down as much as I can but it's good to know now that at least it I getting horrible when I have to yeah to go to doctor's appoint
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Have you looked into the Housing Authority or anything regarding moving out on your own? A lot of these things take time so it would be good for you to start calling around now in your down time.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I just starting to again. For a long time, seven years ago, I was living by myself with care care nurse coming in the morning and at night to help me out and my mom helf the rent. I'm going to do that again except I'm going to be looking for a subsidized rent complex somewhere near the college, probably 20 mile away. Hopefully I can get a job making roughly $400 a month to cover all my secondary bills and I'll have some more money to come see my other bills
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I just starting to again. For a long time, seven years ago, I was living by myself with care care nurse coming in the morning and at night to help me out and my mom helf the rent. I'm going to do that again except I'm going to be looking for a subsidized rent complex somewhere near the college, probably 20 mile away. Hopefully I can get a job making roughly $400 a month to cover all my secondary bills and I'll have some more money to come see my other bills
    Definitely go for it rybread!

This one is actually healing up pretty fast. I've found good ways to do pressure reliefs and my sore is still healing up when I'm up for an hour or two. It's not even read around it. I'm still being real careful. I got stuck up for a few hours a couple of times waiting for doctors appointments and everything still got smaller. I still stay down as much as I can but it's good to know now that at least it I getting horrible when I have to yeah to go to doctor's appoint
    I remember seeing the pictures you posted a while back showing the flaps you had. I am glad you are being careful.

I hope you are able to get the housing you are looking for and that things start getting better for you.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I am very conserned about the waiver programs that supply personal care attendants and are run buy the states but mostly funded by the federal government. There is a very good chance that the sequester will eliminate many programs and severly limit many others along with significantly reducing the income limit to qualify.

In PA the income limit to qualify is $2,130.00 per month. Who knows how low it may go when it hits. Even though it saves money vs nursing home, many may get the boot next year or when applying for renual this year.

Try to reapply for an attendant care waiver asap.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Keep the faith rybread.

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    I am very conserned about the waiver programs that supply personal care attendants and are run buy the states but mostly funded by the federal government. There is a very good chance that the sequester will eliminate many programs and severly limit many others along with significantly reducing the income limit to qualify.

In PA the income limit to qualify is $2,130.00 per month. Who knows how low it may go when it hits. Even though it saves money vs nursing home, many may get the boot next year or when applying for renual this year.

Try to reapply for an attendant care waiver asap.
    It's $2100 here and I get roughly $1600 from SSDI but $200 of that gets garnished for student loans. I'm moving to a place today that's more set up for spinal cord injuries so at least there'll be more younger people around. It's just really far away from school and stuff.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Well, sounds a lot better than where you are. Good luck in the new place!

I'm moving to a place today that's more set up for spinal cord injuries so at least there'll be more younger people around. It's just really far away from school and stuff.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Thats a much better place for sure. You going to have fun at school. Here in PA, Edinboro Univ has an entire dorm for wheelchair users and have attendants on staff.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt