Thread: painonline.com not safe right now

painonline.com not safe right now

Someone has managed to place some malware on the painonline.com website. All websites using Word Press have been taken over by some hackers attempting to set up a botnet using people's computers, so at present the website is probably not safe to access as it uses Word Press. The administrator tells me he is working on this, but it is apparently a worldwide problem. I don't know if painonline.org is similarly affected or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dejerine View Post
    Someone has managed to place some malware on the painonline.com website. All websites using Word Press have been taken over by some hackers attempting to set up a botnet using people's computers, so at present the website is probably not safe to access as it uses Word Press. The administrator tells me he is working on this, but it is apparently a worldwide problem. I don't know if painonline.org is similarly affected or not.
    the internet is a wonderful tool, but sometimes I wish things were simpler again. sorry painonline.com has been hit I just don't understand people or this world any more.

Painonline.org is temporarily off-line. I need to search for a new hosting service.

painonline.com appears to have been fixed by the computer programmer. however, comments cannot be made now.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon

Turn off JavaScript and flame any site that requires it

I know this rock bottom web site attack well:
    1. Rock bottom web site uses SQL and expands user input as SQL rather than use fixed parametised SQL.
    2. Remote injects a JavaScript Cross Site Scripting attack.
    3. You have to have JavaScript enabled to visit rock bottom web site.
    4. As JavaScript is an extension language of your client you are now totally pwned.
    5. They do a proxy server or TLS downgrade attack.
    6. You send your credentials which they harvest.
    7. They relay to your normal server via strong TLS.
    8. You don't notice anything unusual other than IP connecting to your normal server.

zagam

thanks for the explanation.

Painonline is okay now. To prevent further incursions, the comments section, which was the entry point for the script kiddies bot has been removed.