Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question regarding missing a single dose of Lyrica

T8- maybe that is worth revisiting. So you are taking neither Lyrica or Gabapentin? Oh BTW - my son is moving to SF tomorrow. So let's plan a visit one of these days....

I sure wish there were a definite way to know if it helps the pain! Frustrating, but if it helps at all, for me it is definitely worth it, even if I'm dependent on it.

Ps. T8burst, Your disclaimer made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    T8- maybe that is worth revisiting. So you are taking neither Lyrica or Gabapentin? Oh BTW - my son is moving to SF tomorrow. So let's plan a visit one of these days....
    No, all I take is methadone, valium and baclophen. It was a bit of an adventure getting off gabapentin but once off it I realized it did nothing for me. Anytime, it would be great to hang in person.

T

I am going to start dropping the dose of Lyrica for the 3rd or 4th time over 10 years, ever hopeful despite lack of success before, Taking the med is not making me take less opiates and valium so what is the point? My wife is betting against my success. I'll just taper off slow, see what happens, and report back. It would be so nice to have 150 dollars a month for 3 tanks of gasoline. One less drug would be great. This will probably take a month to sort out if it works...

If you try a very slow taper, like 10% per week, you might have better success discontinuing the Lyrica. A google search for 'tapering off Lyrica' should give some insight as to how others have managed it. Good luck.