Thread: zra or quickie?

zra or quickie?

Need my first chair, can't decide between tilite or quickie. Need it to be smooth and durable...

Zra !
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

ZRA, Wheel as fast as you can away from Quickie.

Determine what your needs and requirements are, and then pick the chair that best meets them. What are the most important things to you? Do you have any specific positioning needs?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Yes, Lin saying a lot. Determine those needs. Keep in mind, they probably change. Focus on what is needed the majority of the time you will use the chair.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Unfortunately you live in Illinois and are at the mercy of limited suppliers. Plus whatever/who your insurance will pay for.

I just went through the long process of picking a new ride and had similar requirements. As mentioned above, your choice is going to depend on a few factors.. Right off the bat, I would hope that you're going about this process with an Occupational Therapist and a reputable distributor who is knowledgeable about wheelchairs. I'd also do what you're doing right now and research a variety of chairs, look at the reviews from fellow members and and more importantly, demo a number of models to see what's out there for yourself. Yes, TiLite (& even Quickie) are great companies to have on your short list, however I wouldn't stop there. There are a ton of chairs out right now and I'd encourage you to use the members as resources.