Thread: Toilet transfer and bowel program videos......

Toilet transfer and bowel program videos......

....... with your clothing on!!!! lol

I'm sure the thread nazi's will move this to some obscure area- only to never be heard or seen again, BUT- if anyone out there feels like posting a video of their routine on a commode, not a commode chair- I know I'd appreciate seeing it.

As a T-1 Ive been trying to do it on a regular commode, but can't seem to get the right angles and what-nots. For starters- how do you keep your legs from splaying all over the place? How do you lean to the side enough to storm the castle? ( I'm a side stormer, I can't do much from the front) And, guys, how do you keep your dangling junk out of the water????

Am i doomed to carry a commode chair with me anytime I leave the house for more than 8-10hours? (there are days when I have to go 2x. and others when I don't go once.) Its frustrating.

So anyway, we have many transfer videos out there- maybe someone is brave enough to do one on the throne.... lol

Dave
    Dave

I don't lean to the side - I reach between my legs. I bought an open front toilet seat like the one below and then I cross one of my legs to allow more space for my arm to reach under between my legs.

I've always used a raised toilet seat with four legs that slip over the toilet, I had to come up with my own design to make the legs removable so it easy to put in a bag for transport as nobody makes that sort of thing, liability worries of legs coming off I guess or something or just nobody thought of it but me, lol. I tried a few times years ago using no raised toilet seat and I found it to be a nightmare.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I've always used a raised toilet seat with four legs that slip over the toilet, I had to come up with my own design to make the legs removable so it easy to put in a bag for transport as nobody makes that sort of thing, liability worries of legs coming off I guess or something or just nobody thought of it but me, lol. I tried a few times years ago using no raised toilet seat and I found it to be a nightmare.
    You mean something like this? - http://activeaid.com/products/raised.../model-101rts/
    The legs come off easily. I use this, but it is bulky for travel even with the legs off. Back to the OP questions. With the Activeaid toilet seat, I place it sideways over the toilet, so I can reach with my right hand. I pull my testicles up between my legs and the chair keeps everything out of the way. If I set the chair height correctly my legs stay put.
    I have often wondered how people do this from the front with everything in dangling in the way...
    I have one at home, and one at work. I am hardly away from those two places for very long. I want to figure out how to use a padded seat like Brian posted so I can go more places, but that involves using the front approach, which I need some help with still.

Google "Inflatable toilet seat". They will protect your ass and you can adjust to the perfect seat height.

I'm C6/C7 functioning around T1 level and after an ol' quad showed me how to, I do the transfer onto the toilet daily myself.

Park at roughly 80 degree angle sideways to the front of the bowl (side of your inner wheel facing the toilet front..then adjust the angle to suit..you may want to move teh chair forward to get as close as you want etc).

One foot on, one foot off the footplate. Use the side rim of the toilet as a "transfer bar" for one hand, push off your wheel or cushion (whatever is comfortable) with your other hand and launch yourself "you're on!"
    Reverse process to get off.

Too camera shy to film all that lol, hope it gives you some idea, good luck!

T12.. prefer to get at a 45 degree angle. Shift forward to the edge of my chair seat.
    If it's on my right, reach to the center right side of the toilet seat then lift and transfer.
    Probably it would be easier to see in a vid.

If your junk is dangling into the bowl water... impressive.. either that or you got a helluva lot a water in the bowel!
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Get this, mount it sideways. I have a grab bar on the wall and a sink on the other side (having a tiny hovel helps here )

Thanks for the advice so far, guys- I’ve tried the lumox raised seat, and it works great, but I’m trying to do a quick BP with nothing but the toilet and a set of sturdy gloves. Right now I either throw the lumox or my Nuprodx 3000tx in the car when I go somewhere, but I would LOVE to eliminate that. I want to be able to jump on the train to NYC and if need be, manage an ADA designed stall. The problem is that even with an enema like enemeez, I have to reach up there and help the buggers out. Sometimes I don’t need an enema and just need to coax it out a little. “Luckily” my sphincter is like a steel trap, as nothing gets out w/o assistance. I can go a day or two w/o shatting, even if there’s a jumper in the door the entire time, but, during that time I feel like my legs are going to explode. Its hard to concentrate on anything except emptying my colon.

One problem I’ve found with the raised seat is that there’s no seat-back. With no trunk control I find myself wanting to lean up against the exposed pipe that appears at the rear of most commercial and public toilets. I’ve used my seat as a backrest if its clean, but even then it feels like I’m balancing against a beach ball or something.

Am I asking for too much here?
    Dave

Smile 3 good Channels on Youtube with multiple Transfer videos

There are very few good toilet seat transfer videos. It takes a very confident person to volunteer for the effort. Sarah Will is very confident.

Sarah Will, Paralympian Hall of Fame inductee, performs diagonal and forward transfers on 5 separate videos at

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZE...hRJ5IaA/videos

Youtube personality dd72466flyoes (John) has a playlist with 42 videos showing transfers in Public Wheelchair accessible bathrooms. He is something like 6'4" tall so he is one of the few who is actually tall and strong enough to use a grab bar during some transfers. Although I wouldn't recommend doing so. There's to much muscular-skeleton stress in a move like that.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4BDFDEAD24F4B644

John also has numerous workout videos and a large following.

biilygee's channel probably has the most transfer videos on YouTube and they include pretty much any kind of transfer you can imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/biilygee?feature=watch

I hope you find these useful