Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Something followed me home

Cylinder deactivation!!?? No shit!!?? Wow I've been unplugged! My minivan isn't setting mpg records. And if I don't get a tune-up soon it will just get worse.

Andy, did you see I was recently chemically burned b/c a gas pump didn't shut off? And I, ever graceful, fell on my ass in the puddle? Got what they call second-and-a-half degree burns over 20% of the ol' bod. Mainly the ass-end part.

So beware the liquid dinosaur! T-Rex may not be done w/ us yet!

PS-The "Good News", as my doctor helfully pointed out, is the liquid dinosaur didn't go UP into any of those orifices found on the sit-down parts of us female types. Shudder. That's not so much good news as "However, considering the worst forms of turture that could be inflicted on a female body, on a scale of 1-10, you were spared 11 thru 15!"

OMG that STILL horrifies me. Gasoline and mucous membranes. Important ones!

When you siphon, keep the gas away from your lap, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel View Post
    No, but you've got the boots to drive it......
    These boots are made for drivin' hoopities
    And that's just what they'll do...

Damn Betheny, no I didn't hear about that. Seems a gas geyser would have the ideal targeting range for someone sitting next to the source, yikes. I do keep an eye on the nozzle when filling (and exercise due care on my early morning shopping sprees).

On the flipside, should you have been smoking when that happened, and were wearing those boots as well, you would have been smoking hot both figuratively and literally...Win!

Betheny we are going to have to start calling you the gasoline queen, lol. Maybe you should do what I'm doing and buy a TDI, I don't think diesel can mess you up as much. I need a car that's good on fuel because all I got now is gas hogs.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

andy is the transfer as easy as the mote transfer ive been thinikin of traded mu monte for a challenger

love that color on that bad boy congrats
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Easier...more room. You should check one out.

Played around with the 0-60 timer some more, seems 5.4 seconds is where it's at for now, short of getting better/wider rear tires. Or I need to learn how to drive

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Played around with the 0-60 timer some more, seems 5.4 seconds is where it's at for now, short of getting better/wider rear tires. Or I need to learn how to drive
    Andy,

With 0-60 times around 5.4 seconds, you're still faster than this guy (go to 1:25)...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

awsome dude that car is hot
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Wider rear tires and wheels to fit them

Someone told me that the Firestone tires on the Challenger would just burst without any warning whatsoever, causing an unexpected tumbling effect and end in a cataclysmic roadside bonfire. I didn't want to take part in that...so I bought some new ones...