Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Something followed me home

Nice, clean installation on those controls, they look like they're supposed to be there.

This thread is becoming quite the history documentary of a car...

I got 25K on the trade of my red car. That dealer briefly (as in 1 day) had it on their website for sale as a used car, no price or photos posted. I then tracked it to an auction sale...and here is that (simulcast):

Next...

It should be interesting seeing how much this next dealer advertises the red car for...I'll be keeping an eye out for that

Did you ever get the car repaired from the hit it took, or was the trade with the damage?

It was fixed. Just rear cover painted and new Chrysler part. I didn't want the sides painted so it got PDR'ed after pulling it, it was pretty good. But I knew what I was looking at and the car isn't 'mint' any more, especially if I am storing it winters. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It was fixed. Just rear cover painted and new Chrysler part. I didn't want the sides painted so it got PDR'ed after pulling it, it was pretty good. But I knew what I was looking at and the car isn't 'mint' any more, especially if I am storing it winters. Time to move on.
    Not repainting the sides makes a lot of sense if you can (and did) get away with it, but what does "PDR'ed" mean?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Paintless Dent Repair. I've seen some guys do magic with that process.

Totally. Way back when, my dad picked up a new Avalon and a few weeks later it got hit by a significant hailstorm which damages were fixed via PDR. I was totally amazed how that turned out perfect, even my 'trained' eye could find no trace of ever being damaged.

Looks like that car went full circle now...here's the ad with photos.
    http://www.riveroakscjd.com/used/Dod...b7af371a1f.htm

A few thoughts...Dodge Challenger is the king of resale value. I paid 35K even for it, including 10% tax, which makes it roughly just under 32K new (sticker was 36 or 37 IIRC, but rebates and such make that irrelevant). And to think they are selling at 28K, not too bad for a 3 year old car. Take that Toyota and Honda! lol I think I might have done well enough getting 25K on the trade...even with a rear collision noted. I must admit, the Manheim MMR's for this year and model/mileage back in early spring were around 21-22K, so the value boost cracking the car into the 26K field for summer sure helped with the trade-in value (had a nice printout with me for easy dickering of course). I was pleasantly surprised seeing that for sure!

Speaking of that rear collision...I see the free Carfax makes no note of it. I do know that when the used car manager was looking it over when I was shopping the SRT, I went over by him to give him the "Nice car, huh?" while he was pondering the rear of the car. That guy said he was trying to figure out how it was hit as his 'carfax' said rear collision. I said "Oh, that was just a scuff and they replaced the rear bumper cover", and personally saw the 'rear collision reported by police report' on his sheet. I'm thinking that sheet was an Autocheck brand report.

So...maybe Carfax isn't the best.

Anyway, I included a screenshot for posterity of the dealer ad for this car. And man, this new SRT sure is quite the ripping mayhem mobile, lol. Fast as hell, and quite the symphony lighting into it on the highway with that active exhaust. Lots of cool stuff also, the more bolstered seats pretty much take care of any tipping over under hard lefts, and the active suspension rides luxury car smooth. I really don't miss that red car at all. Highly recommended!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You are a tough customer! There is no haggle room left for the next buyer unless they turn it quick.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Hmmm, what is wrong with these two pictures?

And nothing mentioned on the Automobility website text regarding this new 'gotcha'. I guess don't buy the car model photographed is the lesson to be learned. I did make a call over there describing how there is no mention of this technicality in the rules shown on their website, and that they even have a Challenger SRT pictured on their website. They will "send a message to corporate and call me back". I'm holding my breath, lol.

http://www.chryslerautomobility.com/...cles-cars.html