Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Something followed me home

Thanks for the nice words. Yes, the ZL1 comes with the 580HP, factory supercharged LSA engine. Same as the Caddy CTS-V cars.

I've got the 2013 Supercharged Vagon. Last year they are going to be made, apparently Caddy will no longer be making the Coupe either.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Gas Pedal mods

Well, I'll be having a little bit of a build thread here after all.

I drove it around some with the controls attached to the gas pedal quick and dirty using some zipties to hold the gas pedal bracket on. The MPD bracket I have is for a metal rod style gas pedal, which my car doesn't have. It has a drive by wire style gas pedal. A couple things needed 'adjusting' with this setup.

First, the gas pedal I am sure is great for a foot to operate. I don't have a foot attached to my wrist, so the pressure needed to operate the gas wasn't to my liking. So the gas pedal got removed from the car for some 'adjusting'

This is the device in question:

After carefully prying the cover off of it, the innerds can be seen. Notice that spring, which has another spring inside of it. I guess they put 2 just in case one breaks. I'm not worried too much about this.

As those 2 springs conspire to make for a stiff gas pedal, one of those springs got removed. Much easier operation, especially if you might be using something like a hand to operate it.

Some work needed to be done for a more professional looking gas pedal to hand control attachment than an aluminum block ziptied to the pedal. Out came the drill.

Some filling of this area was needed to make a nice solid aircraft joint fitment.

So I got some of my favorite epoxy for the job.

And filled in the area.

Well, that's all for now. Gotta wait for this to harden, and put the pedal back in. Getting closer to a complete install...

Between duct tape, bailing wire, and JB Weld NOTHING is unfixable!

Sweet.

JB Weld took care of a broken folding back rest on my old XTR.

Turned my GT into a non-folding, and non-wiggly, backrest, too!

Those 3 items were always in my motorcycle panniers and I road outta many a deep wood on account if their use!

Love. That. Stuff.

Very nice ride, Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So I got some of my favorite epoxy for the job.

And filled in the area.

Well, that's all for now. Gotta wait for this to harden, and put the pedal back in. Getting closer to a complete install...

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Between duct tape, bailing wire, and JB Weld NOTHING is unfixable!

So are you suggesting that I used duct tape, bailing wire, and JB for this install? How'd you know?

It might be a bit before I have time to take some real photos of the car, so in the meantime here's some pics beyond what I put up already...

I'll join in and post what my car looks like...
    Last edited by Crappler; 04-14-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Nice ride and install, Andy. All it needs now is the ol' Superbird Spoiler to fully complete the retro muscle car look.

I must confess it's been neglected more than your "new TiLite project", but this is my toy, a 93 Z28 equipped with an LT1 350 and 6-speed manual transmission. In order to work the clutch with an AFO I had to build it up ~1" using 1/4" ABS plastic and epoxy.

I bought it new and it has just 21,000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn View Post
    Pretty cool. I just bought another new toy as well. Normally I farm out my hand controls installs to a local company. This time we did it ourselves because I went from a 2010 Camaro SS to a 2013 ZL1 Camaro. The install was pretty easy since they are the same type of car. Huge difference in HP but interiors are the same.
    So, do you always match your sneaks, chair, and car? First yellow, now red. Nice car (and chair).
    E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    I'll join in and post what my car looks like...
    Sweet! Love that color