Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neuro Pain Meds

I should also mention that you need to ramp up your intake of opiates slowly to avoid the possibility of overdosing and to see hoe your body reacts to them. Personally my body has never experienced any problems with taking high doses of opiates even when no tolerance was built up, but not everyone is like me so you need to be very careful. I don't want to be responsible for someones death by telling them that it's ok to take 80 or 100 mg's of oxycontin and drink a half gallon of gin just because I can do it with no problems does not mean that you can. So be careful and treat opiates with respect and listen to your doctor, but also let them know that what you are taking isn't working. It took mew over a year of bitching and complaining and slowly increasing my doses and trying different medications before I got to where I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    I should also mention that you need to ramp up your intake of opiates slowly to avoid the possibility of overdosing and to see hoe your body reacts to them. Personally my body has never experienced any problems with taking high doses of opiates even when no tolerance was built up, but not everyone is like me so you need to be very careful. I don't want to be responsible for someones death by telling them that it's ok to take 80 or 100 mg's of oxycontin and drink a half gallon of gin just because I can do it with no problems does not mean that you can. So be careful and treat opiates with respect and listen to your doctor, but also let them know that what you are taking isn't working. It took mew over a year of bitching and complaining and slowly increasing my doses and trying different medications before I got to where I am now.
    I, of course, will follow my doctor's instructions, but I am curious what doses of what meds you are on and how you titrated up?

I am curious about taking Nucynta ER again. I was taking it last year, Nucynta ER 250mg 2X/day and it was helping for a bit then I ran out. I got a new prescription but my partner (at the time) ripped it up and threw it away because he thought I didn't need it.. Grr.

Could I combine the Nucynta with OxyContin for more adequate pain relief or does it not work that way?

My only hesitation to Methadone is that you really can't take any other "breakthrough" meds with it since it blocks them all and that the new Dr thinks methadone is a "horrible" drug.