Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote.com:Do You Support Loosening Restrictions On Federal Funding For Human ESC Research?

Vote.com:Do You Support Loosening Restrictions On Federal Funding For Human ESC Research?

Do You Support Loosening Restrictions On Federal Funding For Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research?

http://www.vote.com/vResults/index.phtml

People please vote and send to friends and family right now we are losing 38% yes, 62% no.

Thanks,

Deb

Originally posted by Norm:

Do You Support Loosening Restrictions On Federal Funding For Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research?

http://www.vote.com/vResults/index.phtml

Norm, I am supportive of ESC research. But the above website is an error page on my computer!

Suzanne

Try here, scroll down http://www.vote.com/activeVotes.html

Thanks Norm, I got 2 votes in. will pass it on.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
    Gandolf the Gray

OK, I am getting very cynical... when I saw the results of the votes on the site (I looked at more than the ESC vote), I thought for sure this was a conservative PAC fronting as a polling site... their results lean very far right of the usual results to these questions. (I know, internet polls are not scientific... but still... we know that around 60% of people support federal funding for ESC research).

In any case, here is what the site says about the founders:
    "Dick Morris, the President of Vote.com, was President Clinton's chief strategist and advisor in the 1996 campaign. He has handled the campaigns of a large number of American politicians including Trent Lott, William Weld, Pete Wilson and a whole lot of others. He's now a commentator on the Fox News Channel and writes a weekly column in the New York Post. He has written four recent books: Behind the Oval Office, The New Prince, Vote.com and Power Plays.

Eileen McGann is an attorney and former public interest lobbyist. She serves as the CEO of Vote.com."

So, a strategist for republican and democratic candidates... not bad... a commentator for Fox news... a little fishy... but on the whole, they seem legit. Go figure.

--------------------
    "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)

mjschaef

Dick Morris "fair and balanced???" news commentator on Fox News,
    If you think your getting cynical now try a goggle search under the title of "Dick Morris toe sucking" That's All Folks

The sad thing about liberals like the DNC chairman is that you lose the argument when you start calling folks all kinds of names because you disagree.Believe it or not these foks who disagree and vote on the other side are loving compassionate folks who just have a different point of view.The reality is especially with the esc research is that folks like me dont want our tax money going toward research we dont believe in but that doesnt stop the millions of rich folks to invest if they truly believe in esc research.But we can all agree on putting our tax funds toward other forms of stem cell research as well as other possible breakthru science.

Originally posted by Joseph:

The sad thing about liberals like the DNC chairman is that you lose the argument when you start calling folks all kinds of names because you disagree.Believe it or not these foks who disagree and vote on the other side are loving compassionate folks who just have a different point of view.The reality is especially with the esc research is that folks like me dont want our tax money going toward research we dont believe in but that doesnt stop the millions of rich folks to invest if they truly believe in esc research.But we can all agree on putting our tax funds toward other forms of stem cell research as well as other possible breakthru science.
    Well I can only really speak for my liberal self..but I don't want my tax dollars being used to deny human rights to many minority groups. But they still do it. I don't want my tax dollars going to faith based initiatives that don't do faith based work. Like helping the poor instead of lobbying against the gay marriage initiative. Let the rich conservatives or the churches pay for this.

Don't like paying for court time for pedophile priests either..but that's the law of the land. And as we see money can buy your way out of anything..sin included.

The list goes on. But why?
    When it gets so bad that SS, Medicare, and the federal grants to states to care for those on Medical..become extinct..as does unemployement..debt relief for civilians that have had a major catastrophe..and all other liberal led help for the not so rich..then will the rich take over all of this too?

I doubt that..they didn't before and they have not shown signs of doing it now...or we would still have jobs for the lower in education levels that pay a living wage.

And as long as we keep feeding the children the new technology and forgetting that you can't learn to read on a playstation..but you can learn to kill...well education will be in the toilet as it is now. In our country of all things.

Insurance will rise to be prohibitive to a country out of work..and the 45 million uninsured will grow to be most everybody except of course the rich and those we pay to destroy us.

But we will be even further in debt to a country we try to tell what to do.
    In case you haven't noticed..the world is enjoying our demise. At one time it would have cried..now it laughs. Pity.

"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk foreward." FDR

Wow. Lindox, where do you pull up this hog wash of lies and propaganda.First and formost you have the right as I do to disagree where your tax dollars are spent and that's why we vote, with the winner getting their way.I dont even agree with the Faith base inititives but to say they are not helping folks is totally false. In fact if you did some studies you will find they get better results from Gov funded programs because they are run by folks who have invested their lives in helping others for next to nothing.And ususally by churches that dont have great wealth.And finally you again can only end your accusations and lies with name calling and totally avoid an intellectual conversation about the things you feel are important.By the way my son is on ss and medicare and his funds and coverage have only gotten better and not worse as you pretend.